Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: BARCLAYS BANK  (Read 10013 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
BARCLAYS BANK
« on: February 05, 2011, 08:04:32 pm »

DEAR ALL,

SORRY FOR UPPER CASE, BUT I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS.

IF THIS BANK PAYS THIS DIAMOND MAN £9M FOR DOING HIS JOB THAT HE GET'S A GOOD SALARY FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, I AM GOING TO REMOVE EVERYTHING AND ALL THAT I HAVE INVESTED IN SAME.

I AM NOT GOING TO SAY HOW MUCH, BUT IT IS 'AN AMOUNT' SO TO SPEAK. PLEASE, ANYBODY WITH AN INVESTMENT IN BARCLAYS GET IN TOUCH WITH THE BANK AND PROTEST WITHOUT RESERVATION. THIS, WHAT IS PROPOSED WITH THIS DIAMOND PERSON IS ABSOLUTELY OBSCENE IN THE EXTREME.

REGARDS, BERNARD

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: BARCLAYS BANK
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:42:31 pm »

Bernard,
So where will you invest your investment(s).
All the major banks are paying obscene bonus and salary levels.
Not under the mattress I hope!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »

Dear Bob,

This is a matter of absolute and total principal. To be frank I don't care as long as it's not Barclays if they pay this prat/"idiot" beyond and above what he is paid to do. Sorry for the plain speaking, butg I am 100% certain that we are all and everyone of the same mind.

How dare these people think they are worth above and beyond... how dare they think they can get away with this.... how dare they think they can get away with such a thing without anything being said against them??????????

I have just sent an email to the Editor of the Daily Telegraph saying just the same thing, and I know for a fact that this matter is going to go further. We, the mere madding masses, can make a difference if we all get together......................... who dares...........................

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:02:09 pm »

... furthermore, I have also just spoken to Newsdesk of the DT, and also managed to get hold of someone at Barclays... and told them precisely what I think - kindly though, since the person I was quickly switched through to was only the Mgr. of the I.Net Dept.!!! HE GOT MY DRIFT!!! - sympathized as much as he could since the comm. as we both knew was recorded, but he surprisingly said more than he possible should! We, the mere madding masses, have more power in our hands than we might think... we just have to act together that's all... what power in numbers? Bernard

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 09:09:17 pm »

Just ask Tunisia!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 09:11:45 pm »

Bernard. I totally agree with you. All the time Branches are closing. All the banks want is greater profits. my local Barclays closed
recently. It was a busy branch. When i asked why was told it did not reach Morgage targets. Foolishley thought it was a bank. not
a morgage broker. No one ever paid me big bonuses for doing my job. Nice to see someone making a stand.  Good luck. John.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 09:15:23 pm »

Dear Bob,

Just ask any Country that this Bank participates in... they - and others - fleece all and sundry without question as long as there is money to be made... I wonder how deep they want the questions to go ........... because I know how far they could...........

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »

Dear John,

You see, you can make a difference, you only have to shout about it to make a stand. No good 'saying' about it, DO SOMETHING!!! - ANYTHING! If people do nothing, nothing results... and due to the total and seemingly absolte apathetic nature of the people of this damn bloody Country of ours (GB), that's why "xxxxx" all happens.......

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »

... wow, don't the anti-swearing facility work well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {-) O0 LOL

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 09:25:22 pm »

Banks make mistakes. Where you or i would go bankrupt. No pun intended. The government bails them out with our money. Now
snouts are back in the trough. Im sure real pigs have longer memorys than Bankers. John.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:31 pm »

Dear John,

Be under no misapprehension with Barclays, they are supported by the Middle East. Barclays make no mistakes, and they have not... hence why they are in the position they are. However, those with money in them (either invested or borrowed from), have great power if properly and efficiently applied. Just a question of shouting that's all.......

Regards, Bernard

Yarpie

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 09:33:27 pm »

Just a reminder; Barclays Bank was never 'bailed-out' by the taxpayer of this country.

When it needed financial aid, it went overseas to procure that aid.

And what is a mere £9M when compared to the recent £50M paid for a burnt-out foreign footballer (and his subsequent £250,000 per week)? %)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »

Point taken. Thanks John.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:40 pm »

Dear Yarpie,

You must be a Barclays employee to say that!!! :}

Look, I know what exposure they had to the Sub Prime, and it was thankfully very minimal.... others of course dived in head first with little thought... and look what happened to them!!! O0 Oh well, fool's rush in and all that... hence why I was happy to stay with Barclays... they only dabbled. Sorry to be extremely blunt, but don't try to defend the bonus situation... it is crass and totally indefincible.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »

... indefensible...

Yarpie

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »

Dear Yarpie,

You must be a Barclays employee to say that!!! :}

Regards, Bernard

Never worked for, or in, a banking institute in my life.

But I'm wise enough to recognise that you couldn't squeeze a fag paper between the operational differences in the banking industry  ......   like supermarkets, sofa stores and solicitors, they seem to be tarred with the same avaricious brush. %)

And isn't there a commercial anti-slagging policy on this wonderful website?

And that, Bernard, is my definitive and final statement on the subject. Continue your rant if you wish. ok2

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

Personally i feel Bernard has the right to express his opinions. It is chit chat after all. If someone feels strongly about something
should he not be allowed to speak? The freedom of speach is valued in Britain. Lets not put down someone for using it. John. 

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 10:07:13 pm »

All Bods,

Look, I have fought the indefensible battles many times... for example, Land Rover who I took the the High Court and won outright, Scottish Power (alternatively), and won outright, and numerous other Co.'s and individuals who have tried to 'do me' one way and another have found their demise by CCJ's, but I am becoming sick and tired of doing things alone. I will continue to fight on of course - for any just cause - it goes without saying, but I am gradually becoming rather tired of doing things alone for the common good. Don't make nice noises, DO SOMETHING. It sorts the men out of the boys.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 10:17:12 pm »

Dear Yarpie,

ACTION makes things happen. If one is afraid of action then all is lost.

If one is afraid of FACT, all is lost. To defend against fact it is indefeasible. Been against the so called indefensible, acted against same, and done it an won! I will only fight if in the right and on a winning wicket!!!!!!!!! :-)) :-)) :-)) {-) {-) {-)

Regards, Bernard

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »

Dear Bernard....you have my [moral] support from 22,000 km away here in OZ....we suffer the same plight with our Commonwealth Bank of Australia...the National Australia Bank & others  <*< >>:-( >:-o ...interestingly many CEO's of the banks have been Scottish by birth  O0

When I first started working 1966?...I cancelled my Commonwealth Bank of Australia savings account & joined a very small local Illawarra Credit Union.....[essentially not for profit] my membership number was 27#0...yes less that 3000 members ...........today I think we have greater than 1/4 million members

Our NAB recently suffered two IT computer system melt downs Australia wide.....NAB customers now need to fight & claim back dishonoured charges when the NAB failed  <*< to make payments on the customers behalf

Oh yes...I may have previously mentioned this  :o    ...........

Twenty years ago if you needed a stat declaration signed..it was a Police Seargent, a Minister of Religion, a Bank Manager, a Doctor or a Pharmacist

Today the listing is a little different ...any Police Officer, a Minister of Religion, a Doctor or a Pharmacist

Spot the change......? don't they trust bank managers any more?

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 11:13:25 pm »

Dear Derek,

I wonder why...

You know, I happen to like my Bank Mgr., he has been ok, and has, as far as he could/can, done what he has been able this last ten years... indeed has wisely advised as it happens.... so, no knocking him at all. It's the Bank as a whole I am after with a vengeance, and by God I will surely do so.... do I have yet again to do so alone? So be it.........

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »

Dear Shipmate/Bob,

I know you most certainly to be a solid crusader for wrong doings... what you think???

Regards, Bernard

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 09:07:07 am »

The main problem Bernard is where to go.
The big four are all the same.
And some recent "converts" are worse!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Dekan

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 09:32:42 am »

The World is run by crooks nowadays...Bankers pay the politicians and they protect one another...

They all come from a strata of society that thinks they have a god given right to lie and cheat and grab as much money as they can...Their excuse...Its good for the economy and it provides jobs...   ;) Their are no alternative banks or politician.... they are all tarred by the same brush...

It's funny though, how some many of these people seem to be Scots

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 10:41:28 am »

Bernard,

You have my utmost sympathies and I wish you all the look with your case.

If you want my suggestion, something somebody once said to me, and I can't remember who for the life of me; banks skim off what they want, building societies don't give enough back, businesses can fold overnight and shipping sinks- land is always there.

There is quite a bit of 'woodland' coming up for sale in the next few months!...and as fossil fuels grow ever more expensive....biomass heating and combined heating/power tehnology comes on apace...

Just a thought.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.