Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still all at sea.  (Read 1613 times)

Rosenante

Still all at sea.
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:36:21 am »

Hi,
 Trying a different approach to a problem I've being trying to work out for months.  Can't word the questions so that anyone knows what I'm talking about. I appreciate peoples' replies and know they are well meant. Still I'm no further along.
Maybe some rank beginner seeing things at my level can help. A simple yes or no type answer will help. Or PM me if they prefer.

Is there any reason a forward/reverse ESC plugged into any  Rx slot won't function as expected when the  appropriate centred stick is moved?
( Servos do.)

With a ratchet removed  and spring tensioned making a stick centred, does the Tx programming see that stick as having values either side of a neutral centre?

Full explanation if needed , ( you really don't want to know) , but with the above I will have some direction to follow.

........Bas

nick_75au

Re: Still all at sea.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:31 am »

It reads like the ESC needs to see a neutral stick on power up, if the stick is not perfectly in the middle (or possibly the same place as last time it was turned on) the ESC doesnt arm, if the ESC is placed on a spring return stick does it operate as expected?

Some ESC's need the end points and neutral programmed, usually a simple routine done at power up.

What ESC and radio?

Nick

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:41:29 am »

Bas,
The transmitter sends out a neutral signal (I just cant remember the range).
Some transmitters have this signal offset which has the effect of confusing some electronics or gives a different "throw" on the servo/ESC.
A while ago I had a problem setting up a mixer and it was this, another transmitter sorted it.
What is the equipment that you are using?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

ACTion

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:16:06 am »

PM sent.
DM

Rosenante

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:01:42 pm »

Thanks fellas.

Its all theory at the moment but I've sorted it out.
I've been running a non reversing Esc on a ratcheted RH stick.
 Now have a ACTion P94.
Just didn't know if it was a simple matter of removing ratchet arm and tensioning a spring.
This I did this afternoon and a servo as a substitute worked okay.  Hope/expect new EScs will behave.

nick 75au  I'll hook it all up tomorrow and see what happens re: centre neutrals etc.

Hitec Flash5.
P94 mixer deal.

Ship mate 60. I know what you are saying and the Tx is at least 12 years old so could need attention but nothing obvious at present Never any gliches.

Thanks guys.

PM Dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.