Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amsterdam tug help !  (Read 3820 times)

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Amsterdam tug help !
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »

I have a freind who has aquired one of these tugs, unfortunatelt it arrived minus its superstructure and none of the build plans or details.
Does anyone have any copies of the plans they could supply or any accurate photos to assit in the rebuild please.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Amsterdam tug help !
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:06:04 am »

There have been a number of entries on Amsterdam models. I have on myself and have the drawings for it. If you can't get them closer I can have copies made and sent over. i aslo have a number of pictures of the prototype. A couple of pictures of mine are  below.

John

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14765.0

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16043.0

adam_goodin

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:46 am »

Greg - Does your Friend not have an urge to do a freelance salvage tug perhaps? or Must it be the Amsterdam in particular.

I have one of these also, acquired some time ago in a poor condition, but fortunately with s/structure. Good Luck :-))

ps. John, yours sits beautifully on the wet stuff, have you installed a Thruster on her?

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36:33 am »

Greg - Does your Friend not have an urge to do a freelance salvage tug perhaps? or Must it be the Amsterdam in particular.

I have one of these also, acquired some time ago in a poor condition, but fortunately with s/structure. Good Luck :-))

ps. John, yours sits beautifully on the wet stuff, have you installed a Thruster on her?

Thanks very much. No I haven't installed a thruster. This was built back in the eighties and I wasn't sure about thrusters then. I've thought about a thruster, but the aggrevation of having to retro fit one has put me off.
One thing I did do as a change fro plans was to enlarge the rudder. Made a big difference compared to what the plans called for.

John

adam_goodin

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:35 am »

Your very welcome.

Although i haven't really done anything significant build wise to mine yet, i have taken off her 2 deck sections so that she is almost a bare hull. So a bow thruster is a possible option.

How does she perform with the standard rudder as oposed to your modified rudder?

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

Your very welcome.

Although i haven't really done anything significant build wise to mine yet, i have taken off her 2 deck sections so that she is almost a bare hull. So a bow thruster is a possible option.

How does she perform with the standard rudder as oposed to your modified rudder?

She is really sluggish with the standard rudder. A very wide turning circle. I about doubled the size of the rudder. It doesn't look obtrusive, but handles very much better.
 As a side note, I see you're posting location as Billingham. Back in the late fifties I went to Billingham school for a while. (right across from ICI).

John

adam_goodin

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:15 am »

Yes I am Billingham Born and Bread, so grew up in the thick of the Chemical town! Which is on the up again after many years. (between jobs at sea i have had the pleasure of working on a re-commision on what used to be the Phenol plant, now an oil refining facility, as a process technician)

The school near ICI, could be one of a few...Port Clarence(Haverton Hill) perhaps?

I'll certainly be improving her rudder then when it comes to it (Aziz is top priority at the minute) !

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

Yes I am Billingham Born and Bread, so grew up in the thick of the Chemical town! Which is on the up again after many years. (between jobs at sea i have had the pleasure of working on a re-commision on what used to be the Phenol plant, now an oil refining facility, as a process technician)

The school near ICI, could be one of a few...Port Clarence(Haverton Hill) perhaps?

I'll certainly be improving her rudder then when it comes to it (Aziz is top priority at the minute) !

Its the one on Belasis Ave. I see , from Google, they cal it Billingham South Community primary school. Don't remember that name on it before. The building looks the same though.

John

adam_goodin

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »

Oh yes, Billingham South that's right. I didn't go there, but is still open I believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.