Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner ECO MANTA  (Read 3321 times)

pastit

Graupner ECO MANTA
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:23:19 am »

This  a fairly new boat but I have been attempting to build one, it is a g/f, a top, bottom and two inner full length ribs,  pre assembled with motor mount, prop tube, and rudder. The firdt kit, rudder post fell off when inserting rudder, I followed the supplied instructions after fitting motor, servo etc cutting out openings in port wing you are asked to test boatin water to check self righting. Mine promptly filled with water 3 leaks between port wing and inner compartment 2 leaks right at front of hull no easy access due to motor mount.
 Kit was changed by my supplier ingnoring instructions cut openings and tested, Hooray no water leaks how ever the rudder post fell off, carried on with install coming to fit of skeg between prop tunbr and hull found supplied part was to small, checking against planfoubd thatthe tube was at a too steeper angle, 12mm to far rearwards and motor mount to low and rearwards also. Graupner has been contacted and they are going to supply part so that I can fix.
So I suggest to any one who might by this boat to the following
1 check for water leaks before any thing else
2 check measurements of prop/motor positions
3 Graupner recommend UHU Plus glue if this was used during "factory Pre assembly" suggest you do not
Pastit
PS I know of at least one other with similar faults, and latest is that drilling holes for saftey loop the top hull flexed and the cock pit flew off!

BridRacer

Re: Graupner ECO MANTA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:23:54 pm »

hi was wondering if you got the boat going as i was looking at getting one to replace my eco standard boat that got trashed at the weekend (poor thing) but after reading what you put abt them i might have to look for something else but cant seem to find anything else.

Thanks Chris 8)

pastit

Re: Graupner ECO MANTA
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 03:20:34 pm »

Hi Chris,
Have got boat going, fitted 19 turn motor with 6 cells (runs in swambc f/e class) runs ok found a bit of care re c/g, especially in choppywater and wind will fly easily! As I stated providing you check boat at point of purchase  reference prop position, compare with plan, and when building cut vent holes and water test first should be ok.
My information via Astec and Amodelworld is that Graupner are aware of glue problem and will fix (When?) They are keen that their customer are happy so will help
George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 20 queries.