Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWN LOAD DRAWING  (Read 3753 times)

LarryW

DOWN LOAD DRAWING
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:51 pm »

please can you help, downloaded a drawing skow. but when i go to print on my a4 printer it dos not print the page the size on screen..
 i hope you no what i on about is there aprogram i can use i have photoshop elments i use for photographs ....cheers LARRY.W.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: DOWN LOAD DRAWING
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »

I assume you mean that the plan is larger than A4 but is printing out scaled down to fit A4. This is the usually the default with graphic software. What you need to do is select tiling from print preferences and 100% scale. I don't have photoshop so I cant give you the exact steps to go through but sometimes selecting  the drop down menu rather than the icon bar gives a print preferences option. Take a look there. Failing that look for tiling in the help.

HTH
Don't Assume Check

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:17:11 pm »

If the IMAGE size is larger than your paper size, then you may have to crop the image into smaller pieces and
then save each crop as a printable sized portion of your plan. I know that Coreldraw will "tile" the prints outs, but
I have never noticed that option with Photoshop.

:-)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:04:20 am »

The facility might be hiding in the selected printer's properties - from the image, "File - Print - Select Printer"  There is usually a "printer setup" button, which leads to a "properties" button, which in turn reveals a layout options, which could have the wanted option in there, but these last few depend on the printer software.
I sometimes resort to using a .pdf creator (a free one) as a pretend printer.  When it looks like I have the required results, tiles of the image spread over several pages, I print the .pdf file.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:09:58 am »

If you want it on one sheet to work from, then take it to a professional print shop like prontaprint, or any large office printers, or a local architect who will be willing to let you use his printer for a fee.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:39 am »

please can you help, downloaded a drawing skow. but when i go to print on my a4 printer it dos not print the page the size on screen..
 i hope you no what i on about is there aprogram i can use i have photoshop elments i use for photographs ....cheers LARRY.W.

Can you tell us what format you have downloaded the drawing in? If it is a .pdf, these usually stay the correct size, but if it is a .jpg these are usually varied in size to fit the page...

LarryW

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:20:36 am »

its a PDF i need to make it twice size........

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:44:29 am »

its a PDF i need to make it twice size........

Aha - .pdfs are DESIGNED to remain the same, including staying the same size, wherever they are printed. It's a feature of the format.

This doesn't mean you can't increase the size, just that you will have to do something which is non-default. I don't know what pdf reader you are using? Here is a reference I got from Google which tells you how to change sizes with the Open Source products GSview and Foxit (I use Foxit myself). I suspect that Adobe won't let you do anything....

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=21636

Fifie

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:13:39 am »

LarryW

I can take your PDf and convert to an Autocad drawing
Scale to what ever you want
And if you require it an A! size plot at the revised scale plotted at 1=1
Fife

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:27 am »

Fife - you have piqued my interest!!!!

As an AutoCAD user of some 20 years, I am intrigued as to how you convert a pdf into and AutoCAD drawing???????

Do please enlighten me - I have a few pdf GA's that I wish to convert....

Cheers
Carl

PS - Without loosing the high definition and line clarity of the pdf by the way.........

Fifie

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:04:13 pm »

Carl

I have over 40 years Autocad experience and have come up with and specalised in this sort of problem.
Its quite easy if you know how
Send me a pdf and I will convert it for you
Fifie

LarryW

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »

thank you all for the information lots of sites out there .   
   all fixed and up and running thanks again for the best site out there MAYEM    :-)) :-)) :-)) OK2 cheers Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.