Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lilla Weneda - Cardboard model to a wooden model?  (Read 3170 times)

uzonigor

Lilla Weneda - Cardboard model to a wooden model?
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:34:58 pm »

I found this model, and I have plans for making it out of cardboard. How hard it could be to make this out of plywood? I think that this is not so hard, but i think it`s better to make it out of card first time to see how it looks ? What do you think, here is the model..

http://www.digitalnavy.com/LillaWeneda/index.html

Steampunk

Re: Lilla Weneda - Cardboard model to a wooden model?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:31 am »

Hello

I found it not only possible but enjoyable to use a card model as a "3-D-Plan" to build a larger version from wood and whatever. If you have experience building from scratch, that should be no problem (there are no problems, just challenges  ok2).

cheers
Peter

david j

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

hi, i have got this card model to do, i have printed it out ready to build. i have made the ambrose lightship and one of the battle ships they are very fiddly to make ie. tiny parts but do look good when finished, i like the idea of making them in wood at a bigger scale

good luck   davidj

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 12:39:18 pm »

Just outta curiosity how are you guys printing these out? the pdf's look like there not standard A4 size sheets of paper or card or are they?
I have a ton of 1mm a4 sized card (construction paper) tempting to print one off if they fit on an A4 ok without re-sizing, just print boarder less.

david j

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »

hi roadruner, yes i just print of A4 size on my hp 1210 all-in-one printer never had any problems. only problem, with some thickness it will not fit thruough, 100 microns ? is about the thickest i can use. hope this helps

davidj
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.