Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imara twin screw  (Read 2782 times)

toad

Imara twin screw
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »

Hello
I started to build the imara twin screw back in August, I have to date got the steam plant fitted to its base plate and is working well. I am trying to get a water line and as usual the drawings are not to scale which has proven difficult. I assume the water line at the stern is just above the rudder post, does anyone have an ideal of what measurement would be at the stem .

Thanks

Terry (toad)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Imara twin screw
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »

Hi Terry

I've built the Imara and followed the (ill designed !)   drawings and came up with this water line. She does sit in the water rather nice. However, with a heavy steam engine I really can't advise what will happen to yours.

Might be a good idea to place her in the bath tub and add the bits need to see what happens.

Cheers

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

unicorn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:02:06 pm »

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Page 102 in Channel Sweep shows a photo of the HMT Perseverence (ex Imara) at Chatham  --  good for reference.

787Eng

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:09:23 am »

Hello,
I assume you meant the Bow, and my Imara is about 5 1/4 Inches below the top rail and agree about the rudder ad the maker for the stern....With this position she is nice and stable.

Hope this helps

Mark

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:19:56 am »

be at the stem

I assume you meant the Bow

I always thought that "Stem" was another term for the bow, and as the depth markings were usually marked on the STEM POST,Toad said exactly what he meant! O0 O0 O0

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:48 am »

be at the stem

I assume you meant the Bow

I always thought that "Stem" was another term for the bow, and as the depth markings were usually marked on the STEM POST,Toad said exactly what he meant! O0 O0 O0

Term: stem (n)
Definition: The bow of a ship, referring to the timber between the forward end of the keel and the deck.
 O0 O0 O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.