Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopping Smoking  (Read 3902 times)

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
Re: Stopping Smoking
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 11:53:08 am »

Thanks guys for your comments all encoraging... although encoraging me to go cold turky... well so far i've been up for 4 hours and no smoke yet... but boy am i gagging for one!!

Stick with it, Roadrunner. Take these first few days bit-by-bit.

You know that the grumpiness is simply your nicotine receptors demanding a fix. If you can rationalise those difficult moments when you feel really cheesed off with the world, that it's only the cravings doing it, and that you're stronger than them, you'll do fine. Cravings come-and-go during the first few days. They fade over time. Don't think "a fortnight" away just yet, but rest assured you'll be over 99% of the hard work by then.  :-))

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Roadrunner

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 12:04:42 pm »

Well its midday and still no smoking, mind you i have been busy experimenting with torpedo launchers for another thread alone with working out how to build a new winch from brass thats animated. i'm keeping my brain and fingers busy as much as i can which leaves little room of temptation to pick up a smoke... although normally i just plonk one in my mouth and carry on building puffing on it!

john44

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »

Well done mate, use your bad feelings against the fag,s start to hate the sight of them, and even the thought of lighting one up
wants to make you puke.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.