Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my new project seaducer  (Read 2153 times)

d4nd4r3

my new project seaducer
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:26 pm »

hi all
       im new here only joined yesterday .
my names clive and im from hatfield hertfordshire england uk

so this is my first boat project wanted to get in to deep vee hulls and nitro engines for  quite a while now , i purchased a seaducer hull from ebay usa about a year ago i think its a mono 40  and ive decided to go to work on it .
i have purchased the radio gear and a sc 0.91 marnie engine for it .
before i get round to fitting it out i want to repaint it , so my question is what type of paint do i use on a gel coat paint job ??? anlso is it ok to sand down the gel coat ??
also what size of fuel tank would you recomend ??
also any recomendations on fitting it out ?? e.g. engine mount water proof radio box rudder set up single or double or off set or center .

ill take some pics of it over next few days im gonna document my build process so give me a day or two and ill get pics up
yours
clive
 ;) :}

d4nd4r3

Re: my new project seaducer
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:54:50 pm »

hi all heres my update
theres a few pics of the seaducer i got off ebay usa about a year and a half ago .
 this is what im starting out with a seaducer i think its a mono 20 maybe a 40 mono not sure my engine arrived today a sc 91 marine engine .
what i need now is a suggestion for the engine mount or a engine mounting kit .
im gonna start painting the boat next week in primer grey before i paint it bright yellow (in  its current state looks like some just trew some white lines on it not staraight and white paint every where .
can you guys post your seaducer engine mount pics or sc 91 engine mount pics please so i can see how its done .

cheers
clive

gwa84

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:41:45 pm »

hi for your engine mount i would use the RM45 soft mount from hear

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/hdwrrubbersetc.htm

and i would also change the coupling on the motor to a proper flex shaft coupling from the same place

is the boat running a flex shaft or solid coupling and also what's the dimensions of the boat as from the picks it looks to small to be running a .90  :-))

d4nd4r3

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:21:37 am »

hi yeah im running a flex shaft so i need to change the coupling then ??? thanks for that site will be ordering that mount from them you are right the pick ups are small  i was hoping to build them up with either wood or aluiminium is that posible??? 

ill get the measurement tomorrow and post them then ok

thanks for the help

clive

d4nd4r3

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »

have decided to sell the engine and buy a smaller one so im after suggestions for what size of engine and mounts and what brand of engine ??

have listed on ebay but may concider a swap or part ex see link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200577277254

clive

gwa84

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:33:23 pm »

to recommend the engine then i need to know the boats dimensions and all the mounts you need are listed on the site i  posted to be honest you can get everything to fit out your boat from there  but at a guse youwould be looking at a .40 or a .60 for most boats 3 to 4 foot long  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.