Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello - old newby Number 2  (Read 1398 times)

Rogirby

Hello - old newby Number 2
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »

Hello to everyone. In my enthusiasm I signed up, posted a query and got an answer before I introduced myself properly, so here goes.
I started model yachting when my dad bought me a Marblehead as 11+ pass present, we joined Liverpool MYC and sailed fairly regularly on Sefton Park Lake, Liverpool. The picture below is from that time
  There were still quite a few pre-war model yachts in the club such as in this other photo from the late 1950s.

As I got older the yacht went into household storage and later my sone was more interested in rail than sea so it was only recently when I retired that Aeolus came out of the attic again. Since free sailing needs two people I have been looking at ways of installing R/C in some fashion such that the original appearance of the yacht can be maintained as much as possible. So I have two challenges, firstly to learn all about the ins and outs of radio control and then to figure out some way of installing servos etc with only a very limited degree of access.
If anyone else has done the same thing - without removing the deck (!) any advice will be welcomed. I am already picking up alot from this and some of the other forums.
Cheers

Kleban

Re: Hello - old newby Number 2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:22 pm »

Hello Rogirby

Welcome to the forum  :-))

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.