Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deagostini HMS HOOD  (Read 9896 times)

Hilux5972

Deagostini HMS HOOD
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:09 am »

Looks like our prayers have been answered guys.

http://www.buildhmshood.com/

Can not wait.

Eric65

Re: Build the HMS Hood
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »

Indeed, I've already subscribed!

She'll look great alongside the Bismarck.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:30:19 am »

how many issues, so I can work the price out and the length of time it would take?????? Another 2 years I suppose!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

bikerdude666

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:25:25 am »

Do you reckon it'd be possible to convert it to rc? Would like to do it if I could turn it into rc but don't have the room if it's just a static model.

mikearace

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:52:59 am »

Cant seem to find on the website how many million parts there are so Im guessing its going to be around 120 which makes it pretty pricey.

mikearace

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 10:58:53 am »

Eric65

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »

Heads up, this is looking like a test release!. :((

http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1967

mikearace

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:07:34 pm »

And it is 140 issues!!!  Makes the Graupner ready build at the larger scale an absolute bargain.  140 issues is well over 800 quid and no real confirmation that it will run the course and not get pulled with the previous attempt at the Hood Part Work.

Yarpie

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 08:15:03 pm »

And it is 140 issues!!!  Makes the Graupner ready build at the larger scale an absolute bargain.  140 issues is well over 800 quid and no real confirmation that it will run the course and not get pulled with the previous attempt at the Hood Part Work.

Wise words my friend ............... wise words indeed. %)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Deagostini HMS HOOD
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

Having missed out on subscribing to Deagostini Part works, BISMARK, I jumped at the chance to build HMS HOOD.After no end of problems with them, regarding my credit card,(which turned out to be them taking the wrong details!) I eventually received parts one and two.After further problems, I received parts 3 & 4 today<only to be told Deagostini are suspending publication until further notice ! What a shambles. They have however stated that If I send back the supplied card,I will receive Part 5 free,if and when they resume publication.Any body else suffering from the same frustration?

allnightin

Re: Deagostini HMS HOOD
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:54 pm »

I bought parts 3 and 4 then subscribed and got parts 5&6 at the end of May with a note that they were temporarily suspending the issues for "quality reasons".  Part 7 was only more hull bulkheads so it is difficult to believe the reason for suspending is actually true.  I am thinking of taking the matter up with trading standards as they advertised the complete model on the TV and I don't see why I should pay for what seems to have been a marketing exercise.

Roadrunner

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 08:59:44 pm »

These company's generally are a total shambles when it comes to orders, the avg boat kit they are selling to you reach the £700 mark once/if finished to be honest its a waste of time with many.

I understand its easier to finance parts of the kit weekly or what ever rather then a bulk lump sum, but its just not worth the hassle, think yourself lucky that your only on issues 7 if you were up on 50+ at £5.99 a pop and they Cancel the production that's £299.50 you just wasted as there is practically no way to finish the model unless you have plans and the skills required to do so!

Want some real advice? if you prepared to part with £6 a week or fortnight ( how ever regularly they put them out) wouldn't it be just better to save the cash and buy a proper kit with all the parts, it will probably be a better quality model to start with &cheaper i no doubt expect, with the advantage at any point you just wasted cash.

Guys give up save your money & buy a kit later... £5.99 x 52 weeks of the year is £311, most of these mags are about 2 years long! £622, now i can think of a lot of better models out there i can buy with that cash!

mikearace

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Okay well I know it sounds smug but its not meant to be.  I recall a thread when this was first splashed ' the long awaited Hood' and a few punters said and me included, I bet its a test shot to take a sounding and it will be suspended.  I think the general prediction was 5 issues.  Its happened before with Diagostini.  People were warned. 

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28976.msg286152#msg286152

Sid Vicious was half right when he said 'Never trust a Hippie' but he should have added Never trust Diagostini.

Roadrunner

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »

lol ! 140 issues at £5.99 = £838.60p ...

Could basically buy the Grapner HMS Hood for that or fleetscales full kit at 1:72 scale ( 81" long) i know where my cash would go!

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 12:51:21 am »

thanks for the replies,but at least it was only a monthly outlay,rather than a lump sum.I have now contacted deagostini,and if I send my 4 front covers of the magazine back, they will refund me!! I have now signed up for the HACHETTE version,which although not coming out til August,is supposed to be a much higher quality version of the "mighty 'ood" fingers crossed !!

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:02 am »

I have been subscribed to the "Build the Victory" for over a year now with no complaints, there was a couple of issues but these were quickly addressed in a later issue.
I have previously built the spitfire RC plane from Deagostini.  It flies well with only a few minor modifications (these were more cosmetic mods for example retractable landing gear and a better sounding engine as the supplied leo was a 2s and I upgraded to a 4s)

I have had one run in with Hachette and that was their "flying scotsman" this was a real shambles with many poorly fitting parts.  Many subscribers including myself ended up taking legal action as it was unfit for purpose and not up to the advertising.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

Topics Merged   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

mikearace

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 10:18:24 am »

As Martin had to fend off Model Boats who took exception to comments made to avoid any further problems for the site could I just say Dagostini  and Hatchette products are all absolutely marvelous, great value for money and excellent customer service providers and people should be grateful for their products and if anyone hasnt bought them they should be made to by law!! 

bikerdude666

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 10:29:53 am »

As Martin had to fend off Model Boats who took exception to comments made to avoid any further problems for the site could I just say Dagostini  and Hatchette products are all absolutely marvelous, great value for money and excellent customer service providers and people should be grateful for their products and if anyone hasnt bought them they should be made to by law!! 
:-))  :police: ;)

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 11:12:19 am »

Having had previous dealings with Deagostini regarding their RC Car, can I just say that they were great people to work with and would never stab another supplier in the back to protect their own interests, god bless them >>:-( >:-o <*< :P :-X >>:-( {-) >>:-( >>:-( >:-o >:-o <*<
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.