Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plans of ships  (Read 1597 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Plans of ships
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »

I sort of realise that this isn't the correct place to say this...but.
Now that I'm in my dotage I realise that I've got to start shedding some of the accumulated growth of "stuff" that I've accumulated over the last 200 years or so.
The first lot of things has to be the collection of ship plans and drawings that I always meant to build from, but life is too short for that. And the last thing I'd wish for is that the whole caboodle just gets chucked into a skip...or worse, burned.
My present intentions are to sort of catalogue what I have and sell off the originals.....but at the same time scan them onto discs and make them freely obtainable (sort of...if I get the discs to put them on).
My little quandary at the moment is just where to place the list of them. The listing isn't really a sale as such, just a bit of information. The selling part can come later. All pretty cheap.
So....can I put the listing on here, or should it go directly to "wants and sales"? Confusedly yours, BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
Re: Plans of ships
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

If it is info only for the moment - then why not on here?
When you come to sell - then over to that section it goes  :-))

My two pence worth,
Carl

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:04 am »

Hi Bryan

As it sounds like a bigger medium term job, you could consider breaking it down.

Scan a group of plans (maybe 5) and then put them up on the sales board. While they are selling you can be preparing your next batch.

That is how I would do it, as it would be easier to manage, and no pressure. But then I have always been a bit of a 'sogger'.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:48 am »

My present intentions are to sort of catalogue what I have and sell off the originals.....but at the same time scan them onto discs and make them freely obtainable (sort of...if I get the discs to put them on)...

An ideal method of spreading them would be to put them on a web server. I'd be happy to provide (very amateur!) advice and support should you want to go down that route....

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

Hi Bryan

As it sounds like a bigger medium term job, you could consider breaking it down.

Scan a group of plans (maybe 5) and then put them up on the sales board. While they are selling you can be preparing your next batch.

That is how I would do it, as it would be easier to manage, and no pressure. But then I have always been a bit of a 'sogger'.
Tiger, thanks for that. Breaking it down would help a lot. Partly because I've got the plans of a particular passenger liner that's on 10 huge sheets! I wonder how many CDs that'll fill? BY.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 05:17:22 pm »

An ideal method of spreading them would be to put them on a web server. I'd be happy to provide (very amateur!) advice and support should you want to go down that route....
"Dodgy"...that's a thought! I'll have to get the cataloguing done first though. I guess I'm going to have to despatch SWMBO off on holiday again so I can cover the floor with large sheets of paper. I'll bear your suggestion in mind. Bryan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.