Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAFGAZ  (Read 1196 times)

RAFGAZ

RAFGAZ
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:13 pm »

Hi all I have just been accepted on to the site and thought I would let you know a little about me and my interests. I am mainly an aircraft modeller but I am at home with building Royal Navy warships when in the mood. I have a special interest in the Navy of the the 70's/80's era, brought on by my brother going to Portsmouth Polytechnic as it was then, spending time down there with him watching the ships come in. I have in the last 12 months built the airfix HMS Illustrious for an on line modelling magazine and currently underway is the USS Wasp, both of these in 1/350 scale. I know this is not the scale most of you are not used to! I have a soft spot for Leander Class Frigates and named my daughter after HMS Hermione and not the Harry Potter character that everyone else thinks! I would love to build a 1:96 Leander or just get my hands on one! I have just missed out on one on E-bay so if anyone knows if there is one going, drop me a line. Thats about it for now,
Gareth

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: RAFGAZ
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:37:58 pm »

welcome to the madhouse. You could always build a stand-off scale Leander, I am sure someone here will have a set of plans!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.