Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: huntsman modefied  (Read 9016 times)

vosper

Re: huntsman modefied
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 10:20:39 pm »

Hi
it is the 46inc huntsman not tried in open water yet i will try first if no good shall make new shafts found a supply of tube and rod.
to me the picture make the angle look worse than it is when you look at the model.
vosper

triumphjon

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 08:28:16 am »

having looked at both the photos showing the shafts & motors they look far to steep to allow very god forward motion , there was a build on here last year huntsman 31 to 28 conversion that was based on the 46inch hull , it used 8 inch shafts 2 1/2 inches from keel exiting the hull 8 inches from the transom his shafts are on a 30 degree angle ! need to make contact with roadrunner to see if its finished yet !  hopefully now the weather is improving we will be able to test our winter projects ?

vosper

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:34 pm »

Hi
tried in bath lots of thrust it tries ti clime out over the end.
 just to try on open water

triumphjon

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »

the confines of the domestic bath tub can be very deceiving ! hope your sea trials go well

phillnjack

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 01:03:20 am »

Ok i see some things herethat dont sound right.

Now to get a decent shaft angle what you realy need to do is get the prop your going to be using and
have it just 5mm to 10mm max from the bottom of the boat.
So if you are going to be using a 50mm prop, then you want 30 to 35 mm maximum from centre of shaft.

what you now want is for the propellor to be as level as possible, this is what will give forward motion.

Obviously without going down the flexi shaft route we have tio compromise.

But by getting a nice low angle, youl get better performance.

phill

triumphjon

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 09:29:55 am »

hence the dimensions given for the shaft positions . this will put the motors in roughly the same place as on the full size vessel ! they are also a fairly shallow angle to assist in forward propulsion rather than trying to bury to bows . i know this works as all three of mine are set up in te same manner ! my huntsman 28 has been finished for about four months now and is working fairly well considering that i use it in the sea under tidal current conditions !

phillnjack

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 08:39:09 pm »

I did find with my huntsman that it realy didnt like much weight right up the very front.
Once the bow starts to lift then it realy does lift nice, but getting there if heavy built can be a pain.

I think one day i will get another huntsman, ther eis something about them that keeps calling me back.

what i would like is a huntsman 28 , about 4 foot long, maybe one day   ok2

phill.... :-)

vosper

Re: huntsman modefied + stig
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »

hi
should go well look who's driving.

triumphjon

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »

but is hethe original stig or the replacement stig ?

vosper

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 11:47:17 pm »

{-) Old stig

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 07:41:11 am »

Hi,
I have been looking for a stig for my 48" fairey Fantome as they are the right scale for these boats , but all the ones Ive seen have his arms crossed , where I want one with arms that I could attach to the steering wheel, is your Stig one of these?

Regs Paul.

triumphjon

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »

debenhams sell stigs ! might be worth looking in the toys for adult sections , i used an action man when i had my fantome  couple of  pounds on fleabay or the local car boot sale !

John Mk2

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 01:23:07 pm »

but is hethe original stig or the replacement stig ?

SHE might be the replacement Stig  ok2

vosper

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »

Hi
Just folded its an old xmas gift it had body soap in just put the boat had to cut legs to fit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.