Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhere to forward your email scams  (Read 1534 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Somewhere to forward your email scams
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

I just saw on teletext news that there is finally somewhere to send the scam emails where something might be done with them -
email@actionfraud.org.uk

I think its been around for a while, its just that this is about the first time that officialdom has admitted to it, so when John from Nigeria or that guy in Hong Kong wants you to assist in laundering the stolen funds / getting his huge inheritance out of the country / collecting the huge lottery win that you never entered, there is now somewhere to forward it to.  Just paste the link into a quiet corner of your address book so its handy.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Yarpie

Re: Somewhere to forward your email scams
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »

Wise words Malcolm.

It's high time that a collation point for the activities of these conmen and fraudsters was set up.

The more of these scams that can be flagged-up to the authorities, the better.

Just to see the sad plight of one old lady on the BBC news today is reason enough to bring these characters to book. <*<

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 03:41:25 pm »

Its  a good idea.....But and its a big BUt With the current state of the nation do you really think anything will happen.. <:( <:( <:(

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »

Having been given somewhere to forward them, not forwarding them is the one totally certain way of making sure nothing happens.  Its not as though clicking "Foward" and clicking the link that you have stored in your address book to send to is going to be a huge effort.

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »

Fully agree... and I am going to send them......But Can you Honestly say you think anyone will be prosecuted...

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:22 am »

For some copper somewhere its an indoor job with no heavy lifting and no higher officers who know what hes doing.  All he has to do to justify being in the warm is gather acceptable results, so there is a motive.  Having said that, if I could place bets, I would still go for the scammers, even if life is a bit less easy for them, they are a bit like cockroaches, once you got them, you have a heck of a job getting rid of them.
Sadly, the motive works both ways - yes he needs to catch some, on the other hand, if he is totally successful, hes out of a job in the warm and dry.........

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »

1/ If emails cost money to send - even just a few pence - then you wouldn't get spammed. We have scammers, phishers and people selling meds, etc. online precisely because they can send millions of emails for nothing.

2/ Email should have been designed so that every email contains a traceable source. A continuity of evidence, if you like.

:police:

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

nhp651

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »

i haven't received on in absolute yonks............ever since i started replying, requesting them to go jogging whilst reproducing.... ............. in BIG writing...........it seamed to insult them enough to realise i wasn't interested in their plight to put 60 mill into my bank account, lol   %% %% %% %% %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.