Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug Cervia Plans  (Read 3422 times)

Lt. Raen

Tug Cervia Plans
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:15 am »

Im after the plans for the tug cervia however "myhobbystore" doesnt post to Asutralia.
Just wondering if there was a way to purchase these plans in Australia.
Failing that any suggestions on similar sized single screw tugs?

Thanks
Tim

RaaArtyGunner

Re: Tug Cervia Plans
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:23:11 am »

You got to be kidding, yet they sell their mag to us, very poor form >>:-( >>:-( <:( <:(

brianB6

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:49 am »

I have the plans and building instructions.
Send me a PM with your details

Lt. Raen

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:24:36 am »

@RaaArtyGunner: all the info on their site seems to suggest that they only send their magazines abroad
                          i sent them an email but they still havent gotten back to me

@brianB6:   thanks mate pm sent

Tim

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 05:54:36 am »

I'm after the plans for the tug Cervia however "myhobbystore" doesnt post to Australia.

Are you sure?? I've purchased plans from them before, about 18 months ago, and they were posted to me. I checked their web site, and Australia was on their list of countries, together with almost every other country you could think of, although the cost of postage was a bit steep.

Peter.

brianB6

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:16 am »

I am in contact with Lt. Raen about the plans.
At least my answers in the forum are back to model boats.

Lt. Raen

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:29 am »

Paul i checked their site again and it says this:

UK DELIVERY ONLY
Please note that we do NOT currently dispatch beyond the UK, unless you are ordering from the following products ranges:

* Hobby magazines
    * Magazine binders
    * Subscriptions
    * Products from our article archives
    * Tickets for events

Any international orders processed that are not from the above product ranges will be instantly refunded.

plans might fall under article archives but as i said i tried to contact them via email with no success

Anyway Brian is sorting me out so im happy  {-)

Tim

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 06:42:55 pm »

I have checked this out with MyHobbyStore who tell me that the wording on their web page is an error. Plans are dispatched overseas as Peter says. The website is being corrected.

There are various reasons why it is not possible to send larger and heavy items such as kits etc. outside the UK. Postage can be astronomical and I suppose there could be contractual restraints imposed by suppliers who have their own overseas distributors.

Colin

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:29:52 pm »

I have checked this out with MyHobbyStore who tell me that the wording on their web page is an error. Plans are dispatched overseas as Peter says. The website is being corrected.

There are various reasons why it is not possible to send larger and heavy items such as kits etc. outside the UK. Postage can be astronomical and I suppose there could be contractual restraints imposed by suppliers who have their own overseas distributors.

Colin

Now this is quite strange Colin - I rang MyhobbiesStore this morning and asked if they would send plans overseas including to Australia - and the guy who I spoke too said they dont due to the fact that they have an agreement with a set courier who deals with My hobbies store shipments - and it would be too expensive for them to ship overseas, plus, it would be against the agreement they have previously signed up too with their distributors......now that is the story I was told.

aye

john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »

Thanks for that John, it does sound very odd. I will follow it up.

Colin

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:33 pm »

plus, it would be against the agreement they have previously signed up too with their distributors......now that is the story I was told.

aye

john

There is the problem, poor marketing.
And  MB/store wonder why they are losing market share.
They think that they will get more sales via distributor who overprices the product to their locals.
The locals then look for an alternative product as has happened before and will happen again.
Doesn't matter if you have the "Best" available it won't sell, in quantity to make a profit, if its overpriced.

Too late when distributors are changed the damage is done.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 09:55:57 pm »

I rather suspect that somebody at MHS has confused plans, which are owned by the company, with other goods that it acts as a distributor for and therefore may well be subject to contractual restrictions as to sale. We shall see. I shall post any further information when I receive it which won't be before tomorrow now.

Incidentally Model Boats magazine are certainly not losing marketing share, they are a long way ahead of their closest rival, which had better remain nameless and, in a very healthy position at the moment.

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:46 am »

MHS have confirmed that plans are indeed dispatched overseas and the website delivery information has been amended accordingly. Delay was caused by the individual responsible being on sick leave.

Colin

Lt. Raen

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:40 pm »

Im glad we have had that cleared up colin, it was a very confusing set of information on their website

Tim

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:30 pm »

They seem to have had a lot of staff changes recently....

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.