Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pass the butter please..........  (Read 5297 times)

Double D

Pass the butter please..........
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:26 pm »

This is interesting . .. .

Margarine  was originally manufactured to fatten  turkeys.  When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put  all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their  heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get  their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal  so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter.  How do you like it?   They have come out  with some clever new flavorings..    

DO  YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?  

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!    

Both  have the same amount of calories.

Butter  is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8  grams; compared   to 5 grams for margarine.

Eating margarine can increase  heart disease in women by 53%  over   eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent  Harvard  Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in  other foods..

Butter  has many nutritional benefits wheremargarine has a few and only  because  they are added!

Butter  tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of  other foods.

Butter  has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years .

And now, for Margarine..

Very High in Trans fatty acids.

Triples risk of coronary heart disease .
Increases  total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and  lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases  the risk of cancers up to five times.

Lowers  quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases  insulin response.

And  here's the most disturbing fact..... HERE  IS  THE  PART  THAT  IS  VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine  is but ONE  MOLECULE  away  from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life  and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is  added,  changing the molecular structure of the  substance).    

You  can try this yourself:

Purchase  a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded  area.  Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

*  no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it  (that should tell you something)

*  it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.  Why?   Because it is nearly plastic .  Would you melt your Tupperware and  spread that  on your toast?  

Chinese Proverb:  When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it,  you have a  moral obligation to share it with  others.  

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pass the butter please..........
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:16 pm »

Strange, wasn't Marg. Allegedly one of Napoleon's inventions??

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »

Margarine  is but ONE  MOLECULE  away  from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT

Does that mean that if you hollow out a tub of Stork and add a molecule you will instantly have a pre painted styrene hull?

Colin

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »

Does that mean that if you hollow out a tub of Stork and add a molecule you will instantly have a pre painted styrene hull?

Colin

Quicker than a bread and butter hull  %% %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:44 pm »

Can't belive it's not a butty.

Regards  Ian.

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »

Sounds like one of those e-mails that tells you to be scared of everything and not to be bothered to get out of bed.
Getting out of bed may cause death...  %)

Strange, wasn't Marg. Allegedly one of Napoleon's inventions??

Regards  Ian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarine#History

wullie/mk2

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »

Very interesting,....its non properties and kinship to plastic ..reminds me of Distilled Vinegar....its made from Petrol,

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 09:54:27 pm »

john44

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »

I was shopping in my local supermarket the other day and a young girl said to her mum, mum what does low fat mean?
her mum said it means it does,nt taste very nice. A good way to bring up a family. not! :o

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »

I think that's a good answer. It's accurate, and almost all of these dietary fads are either completely wrong, or highly exaggerated.

pugwash

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 11:38:39 pm »

D.G. I don't think SWMBO would argree with your witless answer when she spent about 40% of her surgery time trying to persuade
flat blobs to eat less food and eat less fat before they killed themselves

Geoff

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:12 pm »

I remember my mom getting those white packs of marg with the spot of yellow in them. I got the job of kneading them for an hour or so to spread the colour out so it would look like butter. How things have changed.

John

richtea

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 12:07:51 am »

Like the doctor used to say to me,
every thing in moderation, if you put in more than you use, it only leads to more work for me.
That was thirty five years ago and it still applies today.
Regards
Richard

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 12:17:36 am »

D.G. I don't think SWMBO would argree with your witless answer....

I don't care. I've had enough of dietary lies foisted on us by activists who pervert statistical science with their meaningless metadata studies. We have already had so many different warnings about different 'types' of cholesterol and polyunsaturated fats, most of which contradict each other, that the only sane thing to do would be to ignore the lot. I'm not sane, so I spend a fair bit of time examining the base data behind these apologies for evidence-based medicine, and what I see appalls me. Ask SWMBO why the current advice from the BCS is downplaying their earlier advice on salt since all those holes were picked in the 1997 DASH trial. If she's interested in medical stats, ask her if she's read this paper - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/ - if she (or you) just wants to know what's wrong, keep an eye on this site - http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/   

And I haven't even covered the other half of the equation - the fact that what goes into a product labeled 'low-fat' is rarely an ideal dietary mix for man or beast...   

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:45:21 am »

D.G. I don't think SWMBO would argree with your witless answer when she spent about 40% of her surgery time trying to persuade
flat blobs to eat less food and eat less fat before they killed themselves

Geoff
DG must be right Geoff, after all he does know everything about everthing :}
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 07:06:20 am »

Less is good
None is not good

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 07:30:23 am »

"Low fat" is meaningless.
Strictly a marketing ploy to buy their product, is similar to reduced fat. >>:-( >>:-(

pugwash

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 07:36:10 am »

Im surprised D.G. that you didn't quote this  website to support your argument as everything on the internet is "true"

Geoff

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

PMK

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 07:59:24 am »

I'm not sane...  

In which case, if you're implying insanity, then may I have a slice of the same pie?
Ref the butter/margarine/molecule/paint/cholesterol debate, do you think a similar argument might exist amongst doctors and statins? I digress...
A recent hiccup with my heart. Turns out that my arteries are in pretty good shape, but that the left side of my ticker has suddenly stopped working as ought. I don't live on McDonalds junk food or suchlike, neither do I give a hoot about so-called unsaturated fats, etc. But El Quacks are hell bent on pumping those aforementioned statins down my neck, which, in my case, has served only to make my overall health a hundred times worse. In fact, four different types of statin has each proven to be so bad that I would describe them as nothing short of legalised poison. After seven month of living hell, the quacks have finally decided that the statins are the root coause of my health issues and now ceased to prescribe them.
My question is, are we to believe everything that we are being told is good for us? For instance, I absolutely loathe brown bread - it has to be white bread only, but I'm told that white bread is the cause of cancers and suchlike.
How on earth did mankind ever survive all this time before the so-called health experts starting sticking their oars in?

And Pugwash, might I suggest that your good lady spend some time in Texas whereby most everyone there is obese to the point of extreme.

pugwash

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 08:37:53 am »

PMK you don't have to go Texas - there are plenty here and they are costing the NHS a fortune in treatment.
If the trend to obesity continues there is the possibility that treatment  for obesity will be the single biggest drain on the budget.
Agree with you about statins - she says no way would she have them prescribed for her.
She has been retired for a few months now and loving every minute of not having to treat people who won't help themselves

Geoff

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 10:38:59 am »

She has been retired for a few months now and loving every minute of not having to treat people who won't help themselves

Rather hypocritical attitude of the Hippocratic oath??

Should get rid of the NHS altogether, save a lot of money by throwing a lot those self opinionated "Gods" who make a good living criticizing lesser mortals problems.

Regards  Ian.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:22 am »

PMK my doctor wanted me on statins I refused them he then told me he was on them so I said Bully for you you can have my share He then proceded to take my blood pressure 212/112 think he may prescribe more tablets  :kiss: :kiss:
         Cheers Bob
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

pugwash

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:29 am »

Circlip I find that a very offensive remark about someone who did her best for her patients for about 40yr
AND no she didn't make a fortune out of the NHS she was an employed GP - about £60k p.a. but the partners who employed her were on
about £170k  -  dont forget more GPs are employed than partners so the bulk of them are not making megabucks out of the system
Dont believe everything you read in the press about greedy family doctors

Geoff

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 11:27:37 am »

Yes plugwash and I find your remark of " Not having to treat people who won't help themselves" highly offensive. Perhaps you should study your own remarks first?? A bit of flobby gobbing in another posting you contributed to could have cost a Naval Officer her job?

Led to believe that Statins are prescribed to help control Cholesterol.

PMK

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 11:34:07 am »

Pugwash, if your XYL is anything like the nurses down at Taunton hospital, then I have nothing but the utmost respect for her. For what it's worth, some of us actually do appreciate all their knowledge and all the hard work they have to do.... not to mention having to deal with lazy, stroppy patients, bless her cotton panties.

Bob: 212/112 is a little on the high side, isn't it? Just holler if you need statins - I've got boxes and boxes of the damn things, which I'll never use anyway.
My ticker is struggling to pump the blood around my system now, so my BP count, on average, is usually around 80/70'ish. I can't help wondering if this is the reason why I feel so giddy/lethargic/breathless all the time, but the quacks tend not to agree. Instead they think it could be caused by something inside my bonce playing up... which is why I have an appointment for a CT scan in approx. 2 hrs time. Can't say that I'm particulary looking forward to it - I'm not onto confined spaces.
What has any of this got to do with margarine, anyhow?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.