Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Royal navy carribean patrol  (Read 1871 times)

bikerdude666

Royal navy carribean patrol
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »

Just watching this on channel 5, and on the bridge 1 of them ( captain I think) was sat in a big leather seat with Aston Martin and the winged logo embroidered on it, is that normal? Seems odd?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Royal navy carribean patrol
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:36 pm »

I noticed that. Very smart. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:05 pm »

Dont worry it won't be out of the public purse, it will have been "acquired" as the skipper can spend many hours on the bridge.
quite often things find their way onboard to make life easier.  We used to have a Triumph Tiger Cub on one ship for the ships postman
and the duty signalman to collect the messages when in a big dockyard.  It was mine so I got to use it for trips as well.
Geoff

bikerdude666

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:09 pm »

Lol not thinking of the tax money, just had visions of him sat there in a helmet and race suit pretending to be at silverstone or something lol

Tutssy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:55 am »

Bet the salt water plays havoc with his alloy wheels!   :D

Al

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:36 am »

Some RFAs that I sailed in used sprung Volvo truck seats. Some of the earlier ships (early "Tide" class comes to mind) had passenger seats from old aircraft mounten on a wooden box thing. "Rexon" covered, horrible things.
It is quite common for car manufacturers to donate "something" to a ship. Two that come to mind was the Scimitar weapon presented to HMS "Scimitar" by the Reliant manufacturers and the huge (about 3ft dia) Jaguar badge presented to HMS "Jaguar"..that instead of (say) 3.5 Litre on it, it read something like 50,000 litre! No doubt there were others. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:19:57 am »

When HMS Eskimo first commissioned we were presented with an eskimo kayak and sealskin suit by the Hudson Bay Company.
One 'volunteer' Midshipman had to stand on the Bridge Top wearing the suit and holding a fishing spear for entering and leaving harbour.
Our first deployment was to the Gulf and the Indian Ocean where sealskin suits were certainly not 'rig of the day'  %% %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

The long Build

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:06 pm »

Good on them.. :-))

What I found funny was when they were using/drinking various products they were blurred out, but yet the manufacture on the chair is always quite visible..  Reckon the Captain was in line for an Aston Martin after series..

Also the Helicopter landing in the storm.. Just drop it on the deck  :-))  They must be mad..

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:42:34 pm »

What else can you do but drop it on deck ...the brill-cream boys might get a bit upset if you drop it in the oggin... not only that you've got to think of the paper work (Trees)saved and the poor ruddy tax payer if you don't "drop it on deck" I hate paper work I've got very slow fingers and they can't keep up with even the few brain cells I have left , so it takes me 5 or 6 times as long as anyone else to edit and correct it.  I Hate paper work.
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.