Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: beaches  (Read 1501 times)

regiment

beaches
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »

as some of you may have seen on the news my council are trying to ban dogs on the beach here at perranporth unless the dog is on a lead my question who  owns the beach my council or the crown some of the traders are saying if the ban gose ahead it will hit the traders  the ban is for july and august the busy holiday season 8 weeks to make a living  a few holiday makers have said if we cannot bring our dogs we will go some where else  what is the answer

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: beaches
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:50:00 pm »

A cork inserted into the backside of the doggies may help.... Other holiday makers object to their kids playing in dog**** and may not come either.

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:51 pm »

Not that i have an issue with dogs on the beach off leads, my issues with the damn owners who fail to pick up after there dogs, i can't even walk my kids to school without playing hop the crap, ban them from the beach is not a bad idea at leas you won't have to stand in the mess nor face the problems with kids being knocked down, attacked when running about. you know more dog incidents happen on the beaches then at any other time of the year!

Sorry if you think its harsh but i for one agree, keep them on a lead for the peek time of summer, but you have the 1000's of irresponsible owners to thank for that!

regiment

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »

we have found that the locals who take ther dogs on the beach pick up after there dogs not like the holiday makers coke cans dirty nappies broken wind brakes i could go on and on seeing that the people of perranporth pay to keep it clean  through high water rates

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 04:41:14 pm »

All over the country beaches that are the most popular are dogfree from Easter to the end of September
The fact that a dog is on a lead does not stop it fouling.
Keeping the beaches clear of dogs during the summer months helps.
Keeping the beaches clear of holidaymakers would keep the beaches even cleaner  <*< <*<
I am a dog owner (see avatar) and my dog enjoys the beach in the winter and the woods in the summer
Everything he drops gets picked up.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:06:34 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.