Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speedline 1:16th severn upper mast  (Read 3068 times)

budgie

speedline 1:16th severn upper mast
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:51:07 pm »

hi,

back working at the model again been a while!!

Just making the mast at the moment but whilst looking through the kit review by terry small back in the winter 2009 he has a plan on the mast with the sizes of brass tube etc, on it.
I cannot find this plan on the supplied disc, does anyone know if this plan came with the kit or where it came from. It would make it a little easier to make if i had this ro follow!

thanks
magnus

Brian Roberts

Re: speedline 1:16th severn upper mast
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »

Hi Budgie

I think yours is a Speedline "kit"? I built one about four years ago and there was definitely no plan included in the "kit", in fact I had to get as much information as I could from the RNLI plans and work it out from there and it certainly wasn't a doddle!
hi,

back working at the model again been a while!!

Just making the mast at the moment but whilst looking through the kit review by terry small back in the winter 2009 he has a plan on the mast with the sizes of brass tube etc, on it.
I cannot find this plan on the supplied disc, does anyone know if this plan came with the kit or where it came from. It would make it a little easier to make if i had this ro follow!

thanks
magnus

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:47:20 am »

I had to scratch build mine.  For this I used this picture and found it reasonably easy to follow.

I used 5mm tube from B&Q stores with inserted plastic tube for the top whip part of the Ariel. It involved a bit of pipe bending and soldering but came out allright.

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

flundle

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »

There is an enlarged section of the mast on one of the full size plans supplied on the CD. If you have any difficulties please drop me a line on speedlinemodels@googlemail.com. and I'll email it to you.

Brian, what do you mean 'kit'? It has to be the most comprehensive kit around, with plans, instructions, photos and a step by step mag review.  Why the slur?

Brian Roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »

Adrian

Sincere apologies, no slur was intended, I had no problems at all with your 1/16th Severn, I was mistakenly referring to the 1/12th version which, as you may remember caused me a few problems at the outset.

Brian

flundle

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

If anyone needs any help n a Speedline kit, please email me and I'll do all I can to help.
Adrian
Speedline Models

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »

Hi Adrian

I am due to start the 1/12 Severn although I am short of the brass rod and kick boards, can you pm me some costs so I can order them..

Thanks

Russ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.