Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rigging Will Everard  (Read 2787 times)

SSAFA FD155

Rigging Will Everard
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »

Hello

I am building my first model boat and its a Will Everard by Billing.

I'm almosty at the point to start rigging and I'm a bit stuck on what to do with the dead eyes and blocks. My question is that I have loads of little wood blocks and dead eyes with no eyelets on them. What is the best way to go about putting these on? The kit came with a coil of copper wire which from the plans I gather is for the sails, is this also for the rigging blocks? If so how do I do this?

Many thanks

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Rigging Will Everard
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

Hi SSAFA
welcome aboard  :-))

I can't answer your Qs, but if you can post a photo of the blocks, etc. that you mention, others may be able to help you better.

TT

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Gorg

Re: Rigging Will Everard
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:31:53 am »

Hello

I am building my first model boat and its a Will Everard by Billing.

I'm almosty at the point to start rigging and I'm a bit stuck on what to do with the dead eyes and blocks. My question is that I have loads of little wood blocks and dead eyes with no eyelets on them. What is the best way to go about putting these on? The kit came with a coil of copper wire which from the plans I gather is for the sails, is this also for the rigging blocks? If so how do I do this?

Hy FD155...two ideas from here:Many thanks for your questions - I tryed a sailing barge very hard but the project run out of budget (rc sailing was much more expensive as I thought >>:-( )

Dead eyes
are usually standard diametered - my idea use the Wolfram zu Mondfeld's helpfully book (there is no big diffrence to pay for interlending or buying a used one in the www) and copy the drawings to your scale; then build the drillingtemplate.

I can't tell  yo about the
copper wire
 - but as far as I can tell search for rigging wire with the right diameter - varying diameters (and differend shade of colours!) in(on?) your rigging will give the model the realistic toutch. A round nose pliers is best to handel wire on your model. [On my self I use a 50 year old "preowned"  ;) one from a jumble sale.] If you need pictures feel free to ask by PN or email.

I'll attach a picture from SB Ardwina where rigging is good to see. (Source: somewhere found in the www)

Yours,
Gorg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.