Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todays Vids Of Genesis & Saga  (Read 5398 times)

F1 madness

Todays Vids Of Genesis & Saga
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:31:53 pm »

Hey guys,managed to get out again and give them a run.
Genesis was outstanding on the bigger props,tried 45mm CF prop 1st temps were pretty cool again even on the 120amp ESC on 4s till the batt give again:o but was warm but nothing to worry about.
2nd run was again impressive this on 47mm CF prop and 4s again temp on esc and batt a little warmer than before but again nothing to worry about and again the 2nd batt give way.
The batts keep blowing the solder on PCB,the repairs i done before held up and did it in a completely different place.
There supposed to be 5000mah,35C 4s1p,but what a load of 'rubbish' they are.
Lesson to be learned dont buy cheapo batts again.
The Saga was faultless again and has been worth every penny,my lad still learning to drive it and get used it LOL
Setup was 2x 3s1p,3200,20c batts and 32mm props and agin temps were as cool as could be.

Saga Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMDScojlDkE

Genesis Cat,45mmCF prop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4WWfFWhjbo

Genesis Cat on 47mm CF prop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHvk8thhKo

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Todays Vids Of Genesis & Saga
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »

Hi Daz boats look good,good to get the kids involved innit  :-)),look what i got in the post  ok2.Two turnigy t600 outrunners,2 30 c 6s lipos and two 190-200 amp esc and a bec.will go to two lipos per motor eventually.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »

Hey mart you going FE now then LOL
Just beware of them esc's even though they state 7s they dont really like any over 5s,i blew 1 of these on 6s running a scorpion 3026 (500) outrunner and only running small 40mm prop.
What you thinking of putting them in,arrow maybe :-))
Have you got the motor mounts yet
Either way keep us posted

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »

Hi mate ,a few lads running these say they run cool on 6s in a twin setup so will see how they go but thanks for the heads up.Yes theyre going in the Arrow.I just fancied something different from the ordinary,i maye move onto different motors later but signs are good from the ones ive seen using them.Theres a guy on ose running a single higher kv one in a sprintcat in the mid 50s with a large prop.
Mines the 880 kv one not the higher kv so should be a torque monster.
Mart
ps motor mounts on order,will beef em up if need be with carbon,the whole hull will be a glass carbon hybrid weghing no more than 7-8 lb..

F1 madness

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 06:05:29 pm »

Hi mate ,a few lads running these say they run cool on 6s in a twin setup so will see how they go but thanks for the heads up.Yes theyre going in the Arrow.I just fancied something different from the ordinary,i maye move onto different motors later but signs are good from the ones ive seen using them.Theres a guy on ose running a single higher kv one in a sprintcat in the mid 50s with a large prop.
Mines the 880 kv one not the higher kv so should be a torque monster.
Mart
ps motor mounts on order,will beef em up if need be with carbon,the whole hull will be a glass carbon hybrid weghing no more than 7-8 lb..

Hey twin set up should be ok actually as there sharing the load,just thought id mention it that all.
Those motors have bucket loads of torque should easily swing a big prop.
Cool,be interested in seeing the build and how it goes
 :-)) :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »

This will be a slow build as i dont even have a hull for me yet,too busy building for others at the moment .Hope to get one put aside for the Summer and hopefully get it on the water and see how she goes.Not looking to break the speed barrier with this setup but would like to break 40 mph if possible.You got any good sources for 1/4" flexes with 1/4" shaft stepped to 3/16" ?.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:31 am »

This will be a slow build as i dont even have a hull for me yet,too busy building for others at the moment .Hope to get one put aside for the Summer and hopefully get it on the water and see how she goes.Not looking to break the speed barrier with this setup but would like to break 40 mph if possible.You got any good sources for 1/4" flexes with 1/4" shaft stepped to 3/16" ?.
Mart

At least you know you'll get 1 LOL,i reckon it should move pretty well with 2 of those,but if you wanted more you could go up to 8s on each :-))
Ill have alook for the shafts,are you doing counter rotating props %)

F1 madness

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:10:58 am »

Here you go mart
Prestwich has left lay flexis with what your looking for
http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/wvbnpe34.jpg
He also does right lay,but with out the step he could probably make 1 for you
Also look here
http://modelmarinesupplies.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=44&osCsid=155ad66e403914178aa7bf19c53a2055
Hope these can help %)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:03 pm »

Hi mate no this will be standard rotation,from what i know from a few friends running gas twins in Apaches they reckon you dont need to counter rotate so will try it this way and see,can allways cr later if i suffer any tracking issues.I know left turns might be a bit less smooth but i can live with that to a point lol.I think if i want more speed id go with two leaopard motors,but ill try these as is then try 2 lipos on each motor and see where we are then.Its something new to try as ive allways been a gasser ,i sold my zens so no more gas boats for me for a while.Also gives me more options as regards places to run the boat  ok2.
Mart
thanks for the links was hoping for some cheaper options but ahh well lol.

F1 madness

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 08:18:03 am »

Hi mate no this will be standard rotation,from what i know from a few friends running gas twins in Apaches they reckon you dont need to counter rotate so will try it this way and see,can allways cr later if i suffer any tracking issues.I know left turns might be a bit less smooth but i can live with that to a point lol.I think if i want more speed id go with two leaopard motors,but ill try these as is then try 2 lipos on each motor and see where we are then.Its something new to try as ive allways been a gasser ,i sold my zens so no more gas boats for me for a while.Also gives me more options as regards places to run the boat  ok2.
Mart
thanks for the links was hoping for some cheaper options but ahh well lol.

No worries,keep us posted anyways,if  you need any help just ask
Look forward to seeing how you get on :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 08:23:42 am »

No doubt when i start which wont be for some time yet ill have a few question for you mate,maybe ill do a build thread then you can help me out as i go  :}.
Mart
ps A cat racer told me a few years ago that anticlockwise circles puts more strain on your flex cable so you might want to go clockwise  ok2

F1 madness

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »

Cool will await your thread :-))
Never thought about it to be honest %%

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:19 am »

Hey Daz just wondering what motor or motors your now running in the genesis cat.Im thinking of building a 36-40" cat for electric power.I was thinking of going single turnigy 1100-1200 kv on 6s lipo.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:01:08 pm »

Hey Daz just wondering what motor or motors your now running in the genesis cat.Im thinking of building a 36-40" cat for electric power.I was thinking of going single turnigy 1100-1200 kv on 6s lipo.
Mart
Hey mart im running leopard 4074,2000kv on 4s and 47mm prop at mo but could still go bigger on prop but not enough room between strudder bracket and tip of prop so gonna use a 45mm 3 blade once i can get 1
They do lower kv for 6s this 1 would be awesome in a 40" cat on 6s and min 47mm prop and work up
http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_114_115&products_id=1212

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 03:43:12 pm »

Yea i know the leopards are good but these turnigy outrunner motors seem  good especially at the price of less than £30,a guys getting 60 mph using one in a Genesis type cat  :o.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 pm »

I found that motor cheaper here works out at £70 delivered,no duty to pay if you (they) know what to put on the forms lol.
http://www.himodel.com/electric/LEOPARD_4082_1450KV_4-Poles_Inrunner_Brushless_Motor_LBP4082_4D.html

F1 madness

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:50:01 am »

I found that motor cheaper here works out at £70 delivered,no duty to pay if you (they) know what to put on the forms lol.
http://www.himodel.com/electric/LEOPARD_4082_1450KV_4-Poles_Inrunner_Brushless_Motor_LBP4082_4D.html

Ill have a look now,them turnigys do seem good for the $'s,how long you had to wait for delivery as i need some batts for the genesis

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

Hi Daz my items took 4 weeks because of a mixup with royal mail grrr,items were actually here in the UK in 2 weeks then they failed to send me the notice of customs charges owed grrr.Anything valued at over £40 gets charged anything under doesnt wether its a gift or not  ;).
mART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.