Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube pauses  (Read 1778 times)

davidm1945

Youtube pauses
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »

Hi All,
    I watched the video of the Saga and Genesis cats posted on YouTube by F1 madness - great boats by the way - but noticed that the Saga vid played straight through with no pauses but the Genesis vid paused every 6 or 7 seconds to load. Assuming that both vids were filmed on the same camcorder does anybody know why this should be? It seems to happen a lot with YouTube. Is it a problem with them or my computer setup. Can any of the whizz kids out there advise?

Dave.

The long Build

Re: Youtube pauses
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:25:36 pm »

Tends to happen to me on some videos which stress out my PC...

gwa84

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:54:39 pm »

the trick with you tube on vid streaming that this happens to is to pause the vid and allow it to buffer for a bit  :-))

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:29:44 pm »

Dear Dave,

It is not Utube but you local/regional I.Net speed/usage that is causing it. You will find that at non peak times it won't do it. As Gwa says, it needs buffering. When you have watched the vid. right through the first time, on Replay it won't stall.

Regards, Bernard

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:30:03 am »

Dear Dave,

It is not Utube but you local/regional I.Net speed/usage that is causing it. You will find that at non peak times it won't do it. As Gwa says, it needs buffering. When you have watched the vid. right through the first time, on Replay it won't stall.

Regards, Bernard

Not always
I work for my local ISP and we have the same issue here when using IE8 but the problem is not so bad using Firefox

Dont think its down to the connection speed lol
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:00 am »

Dear Essex,

What I should more accurately have said, is that the prob. could be between the BT broadband system (local/regional), the local/regional I.Net condits., the Utube system, and the ISP loading... and, the PC power and progs. used of course.

With me here, it is distinctly local/regional loading that causes the irritation, and it is clearly peak/off-peak related -with occasional variance. Peak time loading is however one of the main causes of slowness in areas outside of high speed areas.

I am no IT tech. or buff, just what I have learned from conversations with someone locally who is a tech. - who keeps my PC in good order.

Regards, Bernard

davidm1945

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:06:06 am »

Hi Polaris,
   I understand what you say ,but why do two vids both presumably downloaded to YouTube on the same day, by the same person and shot on the same camcorder play differently. The Saga vid plays right through with no interruptions but the Genesis vid stalls every 7 seconds or so. Odd!

Thanks for your replies

Dave

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 10:14:08 am »

Dear Dave,

To answer your question directly, I haven't a clue! :-)

It could be that it might have been uploaded in a different format than the other - even only a slight difference could change the whole file play characteristics. I am sure you will have noticed that, once played through the first time, it will play the second or more time without a prob.?

Regards, Bernard

davidm1945

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 05:11:26 pm »

Thanks Polaris,

Ah well - que sera sera!

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 22 queries.