Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner Neptun question  (Read 2311 times)

john1951

Graupner Neptun question
« on: November 19, 2011, 03:20:35 pm »

Could anyone advise which is the best method of fixing the plywood deck to the plastic hull on this model.
I feel Evostik , or the Uhu supplied with the kit, allows no time for fine adjustment,  whilst I'm told that 10 minute
Araldite won't adhere to the plastic too well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

John

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Graupner Neptun question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

As it's a styrene hull, you'll have to be careful of your choice of glues, ie. you may find Evostik or solvent
glues a bit to strong and may melt / distort the hull.

Lots of debates about sticking ABS here on Mayhem, Graupner and Robbe always recommend UHU or Stabalit Express
but thick superglues can also be used.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 04:59:53 pm »

Uhu Hart, Balsa cement, ABS Pipe solvent cement.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

john1951

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:39:11 am »

Thanks for the replies, so if I use the UHU as supplied with the model, HOW is it actually applied to the plywood/plastic joint ?
You say the plastic components of this model are made of ABS; I thought it was the normal Polystyrene type, like Plastikard.
So should I use the UHU to assemble the rest of the plastic parts ie the superstructure, derricks, etc ?
                                                                                                    Thanks        John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.