Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planet T5 channel 5 switch - "Gear Up"  (Read 2243 times)

AmbuTech

Planet T5 channel 5 switch - "Gear Up"
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:27:32 am »

Hi All

Just getting into designing my own electronics for the inside of my boats. I have been spending my hard earned cash on PICAXE programmers etc.

I have now come across a problem I would like to get round if I can.

My T5 transmitter has the "Gear UP" switch. When operated, it changes state slowly. So if you want to use it you have to wait for a "FULL" switch over. I have found that there have been 2 slightly different versions of the transmitter. 1 version had a FAST/SLOW switch for channel 5, the other, as is my case, has an ON/OFF switch. A FAST/SLOW version would be more useful.

Is there a way to change my channel 5 to FAST operation.

Rgds Ken

triumphjon

Re: Planet T5 channel 5 switch - "Gear Up"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:48:40 am »

glad its not just me thats found out this , does your switch return the servo back to its original position when its turned off again ?

AmbuTech

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:01 pm »

Hi Jon

Yes indeed, the control does go back to the original position. The manual does say that it is for the Gear UP / Gear Down and it does appear to do just that. I do find it annoying that most of the RC manufacturers only seem to design/account for aircraft modellers. Saying that I think Futaba do a "Dual Stick" conversion for dual motor / propshaft boats.

I am looking at using the 5th channel to change between 2 banks of controls for an RC intensive model. And just to see if I can program multiple PICAXE chips to do the job!!!! {-) I will just have to study loads and see what I can come up with.

Rgds Ken

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:56 pm »

it may be better for your application to use the new planet 7 chanel , as it appears to have a fully proportional 6 chanels plus one on / off type switch . its the transmitter from the new twister sea king helicopter !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 19 queries.