Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question 17  (Read 1811 times)

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
Question 17
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:12:39 am »

Apologies to all our members outside the  UK, but ......does anyone have any idea what Question 17 on the census form - "intentionally left blank" is all about? Was it a mistake? Was it put in in case some jobsworth might think up another meaningless question? Or is there a sinister plot afoot?
Rick
PS Perhaps Martin might like to sponsor a competition for the best suggestion!

kinmel

Re: Question 17
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:15:26 am »

Q17  only appears on  versions of the census issued in Wales

17 "A allwch ddeall, siarad,darllen neu ysgrifennuCymrraeg"

17 "Can you, understand,speak, read or write Welsh ?"

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:38 am »

you would have though that they would leave that question open to EVERYONE not just limit it to the Welsh community.. my Mrs is welsh and can speak and read it fluently.. but yet we live in Cornwall.... bit off really...

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:41:49 am »

You ought to complain, state that it's discriminating against those ex-pat Welsh and the whole thing should be reprinted and sent out again....

on second thoughts don't....they may actually react  and do it all again, the government ARE that stupid!

davidm1945

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:47:24 am »

Where it says "intentionally left blank" you just write "intentionally not answered" - simples !!  :-))

Dave.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 10:07:30 am »

If it is only for those that live in Wales why am I allowed to 'Consider myself Welsh' in one question.
The Welsh are the only nationality allowed to answer in their own language
You can have the questions in a hundred different languages but you must answer in English
e.g. Can you read or write English?  They assume if negative you know the word 'no'   %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 10:59:46 am »

Many years ago.... >>:-( ..I was foolish enought to attempt to complete an Australian Census form for the  :police:

From memory .... >:-o Question 17 related to sexulaity....& asked please tick a box

are you  %%

17.1  monosexual?
17.2  homosexual?
17.3  transgender?
17.4  transvestite with the operation?
17.5  transvestite without the operation?

I did not complete Question 17..... %) & went on to answer Question 210.2....what hobbies do you have.........

My response was..."I think I am normal.......I like playing with models........[model boats that is] & part taking in the WEB page of Model Mayhem & Paddleducks"........ O0 {-) %% ...Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »

You ought to complain, state that it's discriminating against those ex-pat Welsh and the whole thing should be reprinted and sent out again....

on second thoughts don't....they may actually react  and do it all again, the government ARE that stupid!

gawd don't suggest that....we're in enough debt as it is.....think what a reprint and send out would cost............

thegrimreaper

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »

@ davidm

I think that puting Intentionaly left blank would be considered intentionaly defacing an official census form hense would be declared illigall by all them sat in the ivory towers of london that make up the questions you would then be traced to your home address raided in the early hours of a sunday morning draged to a waiting police van charged inprisoned for life (with an extra burden on us tax payers which means less money for building models) not only can you not speak welsh but you also dont mind short changing the modeling fraternity here should be hung less of a burden  ;D O0 {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.