Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Italian RTR seaport TUG  (Read 3098 times)

sozi81

Italian RTR seaport TUG
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:56:15 pm »

:DHello man!
First of all, thank you and congratulations for your forum. I am enjoing here and i am growin' up with you.
Second : excuse me for my bad english. I speak correctly only Italian (and Calabrese).

I've just bought an EBAY SEAPORT RTR boat/tug.
1) has this tug some difference with dickie boat? i think they seem similar.
2) I've just changed servo and radio rx with 40 mHz antenna

I am not a TUG fan, i want only a TUG for my seaplane when it will crash on lake.
Some question for you:
- what have i to know?
- which motor do you suggest ?
- which ESC amp do you suggest then?
- where could i buy or could i do some scenarios for my tug to become an ITALIAN tug? have you got some design, some ideas how to colour this boat?

THANK YOU

mickyrubble

Re: Italian RTR seaport TUG
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:33:09 am »

Hi Sozi81,
 i recently enjoyed building a seaport tug.I don't think that there is no difference in the two types.The supply ed radio gear in very poor quality and the 40mg gear is ideal,i changed my servo to a futaba 3003 and receiver.
To get a long duration run i would replace the battery pack with a 6volt 4amp sla battery.this will sit in the flooding box once you seal  offthe inlets.
Motor choice  i would suggest any thing from a 480 size to a 600.Mine is a Robbe 550 with a 2:1 belt drive, A good esc are the blue 50amp forward /20 amp astern advertised in Hong Kong
I didn't like the mast arrangement ,thinking it made the boat too tender in strong winds,the mast on my boat came from Graupner.
As for modeling it as a Italian tug try google or the page here dedicated to full size tugs.
I enjoyed building the seaport so much that i have picked up another which was going to rework as a 1960-1970,s tug,starting with a total stripdown and remove the raised centre deck to make a flush deck.Has any one got a tug in mind that that might fit the bill.
best of luck with your seaport Sozi81. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:53:48 am »

I recently finished my daughters seaport tug, see my build blog, that even explains the electrical setup.

Check out the build blog here    http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28777.0

In regards to motor size i originally left the motor as standard that came with the boat, but have recently upgraded it to a 400 size, which i find more then enough for the boat, i think that a 500-600 is to much for this boat personally.

Best to use a 15Amp esc for the motor, running from a 6v 4.5A Lead Acid battery. So far i get over 5 hours of run time  :D we both get bored before the battery runs dry!

sozi81

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:47 am »

8)thank you!
i've got a old permax 400 of an easyglider (multiplex) with relative ESC. Is it ok for you to update my electric power system?

thank you

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:41 am »

i Is it ok for you to update my electric power system?

Nope you can do the work yourself  {-)

Yes those parts should work ok me thinks  :-))

sozi81

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »

hello.
thank to all for answers.
Have i to COVER that holes on the bottom of the boat?
I means that 30 - 40 holes (little holes) where the pump goes to take water?

what solution have u taken? I don't know if it necessary to cover...

thanks

mickyrubble

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:34:47 am »

Hi,
 cover the holes with plasticard or isopon if you are going to scrap the water ballast system.If you read a few of the builds on this site ,most builders use the ballast box as a battery compartment.
 ok2 ok2 ok2

Roadrunner

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 07:56:31 am »

i just filled mine over with P38 and a bit of resin on the inside to water proof it, the paint will protect the outside.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.