Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speed controllers leads  (Read 1425 times)

wallace

speed controllers leads
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »

can you help me.  I want to extend the leads on my  Viper speed controller by 18 inches so the on / off switch  is on the upper deck and not in the hull  with the rest of the eleclrics    also the same for my lights on another switch.Have shown photos about the switch in the hull and where I want to put the switch which will be mounted in a locker on the last photo  the wire will run from the the speed controller under the deck and come up through the rudder compartment as shown in the second photo  and if you follow the photos I know you will be able to follow and know what I want to do,its all about not taking the superstructure off/on all the time.
Look forward to the help.    wallace

Roadrunner

Re: speed controllers leads
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:52 pm »

Not that i like suggesting voiding any warranty with equipment newly purchased, but in your case since you have already cut the plug ends off for the battery and motor imputs and put them through a chock block, have you considered doing the same for the on/off switch? it would be a relatively simple job, unsolder the switch and feed the remaining wires into a new chock block, then out of the end to your 18" of extended cable and re-solder the switch and relocate to where ever you need.

i did this for the seaport tug ( although not 18" of extension) it kept the wires out of thr way under the deck so not to get snagged by the wheel house.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 19 queries.