Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JJC sound module, what speaker?  (Read 2374 times)

ixion

JJC sound module, what speaker?
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »

I have aquired a JJC PE310 sound module. I have tryed searching on the web but most links are dead as JJC don't do the units anymore. Does anyone know what this sound unit is and what speaker would I need please.

Thanks  :-))

Roadrunner

Re: JJC sound module, what speaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

Any 4- 8 ohm speaker would be good enough i think with out the use of amps and such, not sure on what sound it makes,

I have a feeling it may be of either a steam, or a diesel engine but don't quote me on that im not sure

Im sure someone here may be able to point you in the right direction

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:42:06 pm »

The JJC PE310 sound module is the Turbocat sound unit and it needs an 8 ohm speaker which can be obtained from Maplins  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »

Just a suggestion but while youre at Maplins you may wish to buy a bigger Heatsink. They sell one that fits.
Jjc units tend to get hot. A bigger heat sink helps keep it cool and prolongs its life. John.

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »

Hi,
John is correct about the overheating of the jjc units if you can keep them cool they are generally alright , the little IC sound chip gets very hot , I tend to use a 50mm computer fan to keep mine cool and I have four of these still working some with slave units .
As for speakers 8ohm is recommended , but I have experimented with all types of speakers  up to 8"/8ohm with a heavy magnet but found best results with a 4ohm 5"  paper cone and a relatively small magnet , with 4ohm the Resistance to the out put chip is lower making cooling essential.

Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.