Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction and question :)  (Read 5409 times)

nemetigor

Introduction and question :)
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

Hay to everybody
My name is Igor, and I am from Serbia, and I apologise for mistakes in my English :) But I hope that someone will understand me  :)
In what category I must place topic?
I want to build boat for fishing, whit 2 engins and without vessel, lots of members probably have seen this boat, I have a calm do designe a plastic model, but I dont know what el. components I must put in boat
What kind of motors-engins, remote control unit, speed controlers....  and how to bind all of that.
Please help me and thank to everybody.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Introduction and question :)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:27:56 pm »

Welcome aboard nemetigor!

What type of fishing boat will it be?
What size will your fishing boat be?
How many motors?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

Don't apologise for your English, it's far better than our Serbian!

From your description is it a fishing boat that you're looking for, my thoughts are that you are asking for designs for a 'bait boat' to use for fishing.
Could you be a little more accurate and someone would be able to help you

nemetigor

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »

It is boat for feeding fish, it must cary food on some distance(300meters max), and to drop food there, I have bought one boat in store in Hungary for 500 euro, but it died after 4 fishing sesions  :) Chinese poop, it vas very expencive sesions for me  :) But I will not cry, now I have plastic sheat and I must put inside some quality components, boat is big, it hade about 6 kg with battery and it cary about 4-5 kg of food, so it is about 10 kg in total weight.
I want to power boat with 2 engines, I dont want to put veassel on boat becouse of gras in lakes, and to go on max 300-400 meters, it is enough. I have put some pictures

nemetigor

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 12:23:03 pm »

Nobady will help me???   <:(

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:33 pm »

Can you open up the boat and photo the current motors fitted?
Also put a ruler in the photos so we can see the size!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Capt Podge

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:54:35 pm »

Martin - I've used an online translator to see if this will make your posting readable to nemetigor.

Hope this helps...

(english)
Can you open up the boat and photo the current motors fitted?
Also put a ruler in the photos so we can see the size!

(serbian)
Можете ли да отворите чамац и фотографију тренутног мотори опремљени? Такође, стави лењир на фотографијама тако да можемо да видимо величину!

Regards,
Ray.

nemetigor

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 01:47:38 pm »

Thak you for truying to translate me :) Give me link for that online translator please, I have one but it is...
Problem is that I dont have that boat any more, I have sold it, but I have some pictures that I have mede when I open it, the motors was quit big, about 10-12 cm long, and 5 cm wide, probably they hade reductor built in.
So I need motors that can power boat that is about 10 kg in weight (ofcourse with food for fish-baits), to go streight ahead,left-right and to go reverse (that is very important for me), and to open 2 doors separatly.
And it will be god to have an option when I am coming back with boat to have revers controls on remote control (left-left,right-right, and not left-right,right-left). The boat dont need to go very fast, important is to battery last as long as posible, becouse I dont have battery charger on lake  :-) And I dont want to have veassel (or ruder?) on boat. We have here to buy one boat-toy that can eaven fly in the air, that toy have 7ch remote control unit, the price of that toy is about 50-60 euro, is that enough chanels (streight,back,left,right and 2 doors) and is that good solutions for remote control?

nemetigor

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 01:49:03 pm »

More pictures..

nemetigor

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 01:50:51 pm »

And more... %%

Capt Podge

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »

Hello nemetigor,

Here is the translator I used earlier http://free-translation.imtranslator.net/English-language_Serbian-translation

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ray.

nemetigor

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 07:14:13 am »

Thanks for the translator, can someone help me to make a boat ???  {:-{

nemetigor

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:46 pm »

Again nothing  <:(

Tutssy

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 06:48:13 pm »

Hi nemetigor

Како сам разумео желите да направите чамац за испоруку мамац док сте риболов. Јесам ли у праву? Постоји труп који би могао овде одговарати вашим потребама. хттп://ввв.моделсбидесигн.цо.ук/модел_боатс.аспк То је на дну странице. Велики Травлер Мачка Размера: 1:12 скале Хул: 32,5 инча ширина: 16,5 цм потпуно нови модел брод лансиран ове године, Травлер Кат. Овај модел је погодан за било који посао брод, риболов или роњење бродова. Труп, палуба, Вхеелхоусе, Вхеелхоусе Роофе, предњи палуби, са јарболом Поздрави ал

Capt Podge

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 10:14:12 am »

Hi Tutssy,

Just to let you know, one of the rules on this forum is : if you post in a foreign language you must also have the English equivalent on that post.

I've taken the liberty of translating your latest post for you - otherwise one of the Moderators will remove it -

(Engish)
 I understand you want to make a boat to deliver bait while fishing. Am I right? There is a body that could suit your needs here. http: / / vvv.modelsbidesign.co.uk / model_boats.aspk It is at the bottom of the page. Large minesweeping Cat Scale: 1:12 scale Hull: 32.5 inches Width: 16.5 cm brand new model launched this year a ship, minesweeping Cat. This model is suitable for any work boat, fishing and diving boats. The hull, deck, Vheelhouse, Vheelhouse Roof, front deck, and mast Regards al

(Serbian)
Како сам разумео желите да направите чамац за испоруку мамац док сте риболов. Јесам ли у праву? Постоји труп који би могао овде одговарати вашим потребама. хттп://ввв.моделсбидесигн.цо.ук/модел_боатс.аспк То је на дну странице. Велики Травлер Мачка Размера: 1:12 скале Хул: 32,5 инча ширина: 16,5 цм потпуно нови модел брод лансиран ове године, Травлер Кат. Овај модел је погодан за било који посао брод, риболов или роњење бродова. Труп, палуба, Вхеелхоусе, Вхеелхоусе Роофе, предњи палуби, са јарболом Поздрави ал

Regards,

Ray.

nemetigor

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 01:14:05 pm »

Hy
Yes, I want to construct a boat for fishing, or fishing bait boat, and I have body for boat but I dont know what to put in the body(el. motors, speed controlers, what kind of remote control I have to buy....)

Tutssy

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:04 pm »

Hi Ray.  Sorry about that.  Wasn't aware.  No excuse really. :embarrassed:  Still pretty new here.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to assist nemetigor with his project.  I know it's not a model boat in the strictest sense but, nobody seems to want to help him.  This is the perfect place for the information he needs on motors, batteries etc.  He has the hull, he just needs some help with putting the insides together.

Regards  Al

nemetigor

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »

That is right Tutssy, but as you say it seems like nobady want to help me  <:(

debssnal

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14:40 pm »

hi,
    the website you need is http://www.modelsbydesign.co.uk/model_boats.aspx
and the boat is.... Large Trawler Cat.....
regards
Alan

nhp651

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »

well, as usual, if someone starts the ball rolling there will be umpteen others finally rise to the "bait"no pun intended.so here goes.
nemetigor.

may i suggest that for the size of your boat you should fit twin graupner speed 500 size low drain motors [ see here].......

http://howesmodels.co.uk/RadioControl/viewProduct.php?ProdID=6503

linked to two electronize speed controllers.see here...... 

http://www.electronize.co.uk/model_electronics_frames.htm

using twin M4 propellor shafts with brass three bladed propellers, and shaft couplings to suit motor to shaft. and a hitech or similar 3 chanel radio system

use a 6/12v 7amp hour sealed gell cell battery giving you plenty of running time.

nemetigor

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »

This is better, this is what I need, informations   :-))
So for powering boat I need 2 of that motors, and 2 of speed controlers, and ofcours shafts and propelers, and battery. But is it 3 channel radio enough??? I want for boat to go left, right, streigt ahead and reverse, and to open 2 doars separately??? Can you help me with this, becouse I really dont know nothing about radio controls  <:(  Do I need some kind of electronics? Becouse when I want to go left 1 motor must power up and another motor must slow down, that is how boat will turn left or right, and how will boat go reverse???  I think that I nedd some kind of electronics, am I right???

nhp651

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:31 am »

This is better, this is what I need, informations   :-))
So for powering boat I need 2 of that motors, and 2 of speed controlers, and ofcours shafts and propelers, and battery. But is it 3 channel radio enough??? I want for boat to go left, right, streigt ahead and reverse, and to open 2 doars separately??? Can you help me with this, becouse I really dont know nothing about radio controls  <:(  Do I need some kind of electronics? Becouse when I want to go left 1 motor must power up and another motor must slow down, that is how boat will turn left or right, and how will boat go reverse???  I think that I nedd some kind of electronics, am I right???

so for those five functions nemetigor, you would need at least a five function radio transmitter and receiver( I say that so as to keep it simple and not go down the road of splitters and other electronic gadgets and wizardry).......
channels
1........one motor through speed controller.........giving forward and reverse
2........second motor through speed controller.....giving forward and reverse
3........ rudder control giving port and starboard steering
4........first opening/closing door
5........second opening/closing door

you will find that Howes models can supply you with good quality cheap radio control gear, and the five channel will usually come with the 3 servos you need for rudder and both doors. With the ESC's( electronic speed controllers YOU DON'T NEED ANY SERVOS

good luck,
Neil.

nemetigor

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:33:34 pm »

Thanks Neil, as i see you really want to help me.
But as I say before I dont want to have rudder on my boat, just 2 motors. How can I do that???

nhp651

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 07:54:23 pm »

you could steer your boat purely by the independant drive of the two motors, and you get reasonably responsive steering that way, so you could dispense with the rudder and servo for that, but i would always recomend a rudder myself, unless you drive by water jet drive, but i think that would be unsuitable for your requirements.
i do think that that is the limit of my knowledge on this subject though as i have never built or even seen a bait boat, and have no knowledge about opening doors and such.

neil.

nemetigor

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

Thanks Neil  :-))
Perhaps someone will now join us, someone who has experience in this kind of boat and this kind of powering boats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.