Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 45103 times)

bikerdude666

Re: what car do you drive?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 07:19:59 pm »

whats ugly about the spartan ? , 

I wouldn't call it ugly but it's also not the prettiest of cars, but afaic that goes with the territory of kit cars (unless you happen to have the kit car D-type or gt40)

triumphjon

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »

lack of renault 25s to donate the gearbox to build a kit gt40 , but id quite like an xk engined jaguar myself , dad used to run both mk 9s & 10 up until i was 17 when he boughth an series 2 xj6 . given the choice id like a 420 or an s type ! for the time being i ll stick with my mk2 triumph 2500 !

ben hall

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2011, 10:58:35 pm »

one of my uncle makes kit cars

builds them races them sells them

mikearace

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2011, 12:05:41 am »

Cant beat a 1963 series 3 Lambretta

pugwash

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2011, 12:07:26 am »

I did like the Mk II Triumph 2.5 P.I.  considering it was the 70s they were great Patrol Cars on the M1 - Problem was not many
police mechanics knew anything about the injection system until we sent the to Triumph for the course, then we could get the
cars to fly.

Geoff

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011, 12:07:35 am »

But which one?
Li,TV,GT or SX?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

RantandRave

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...don't get me started!
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 03:24:16 am »

Here's mine:
2005 MG ZS

Plus its got plenty of toys like climate control, heated seats etc, and I can get 410 miles out of 25 quids worth of petrol even at todays prices!

Alex

£25 / £5.98 / gallon (4.18 gallons) / 410 miles = 98 miles / gallon!  :o

bikerdude666

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 07:50:56 am »

Depends what you want it for, to burn/smash up/ drive over/drive over in a tank/chuck in a pond etc etc then I agree can't beat any scooter, but to ride.... I like things with engines  ;D ok2

TugCowboy

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 09:12:47 am »

£25 / £5.98 / gallon (4.18 gallons) / 410 miles = 98 miles / gallon!  :o

Sorry, slip of the finger. £45 worth. God I wish it was only 25!

nhp651

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:17 pm »

+ 

i think a lot of things can beat a Lambi.........a BSA BANTAM,  A  ROCKET 3 and for sure a DBD34 GOLD STAR. for a start, lol {-) {-) {-)

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 01:59:17 pm »

i think a lot of things can beat a Lambi.........a BSA BANTAM,  A  ROCKET 3 and for sure a DBD34 GOLD STAR. for a start, lol   

Even an old man with a stick   {-) {-) {-)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Double D

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 07:09:16 pm »

+ 

i think a lot of things can beat a Lambi.........a BSA BANTAM,  A  ROCKET 3 and for sure a DBD34 GOLD STAR. for a start, lol {-) {-) {-)

Even me on my little baby  :-)) ............

swordfish fairey

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »

Here's my transport, she does everything I need her to do, and is economical and fun to drive with it. Just had a few days in France with her, Great.. We went to Arromanche and she had more pictures taken of her than the D-day relics.......Tony

mikearace

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:17 pm »

Some Lambi's may surprise you

http://100mphlambrettaclub.com/records.html

Mine which I spent a year rebuilding from a total wreck and rebuilt the engine with a tuned TS1 225 JB kit will happily cruise at 80 which is fast enough for me and gives a few folk a shock when it eases ast them with no difficulty.  So not sure what your bike is Audie but dont be too sure your 125 bike will outrun me.  Youd be shocked.  Would even bet on my 166 tuned Vespa against any standard 125 bike.  Looks can be deceptive.  Mind you Id swap my Vespa 166 for a TV175 any day even if a standard tv 175 is far slower.

omra85

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

Once met a guy from Belfast called Norman (he'd just got married - 1993) who spent a fortune on Lambi's!  I think he was addicted :-)
Wonder what ever happened to his collection?

Danny

triumphjon

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »

these lambis / vespas look ok , but have a terrible reputation for reliability , while i was up & down the country making deliveries youd always spot one broken down ! as for the adornment of the mirrors and spot lights in front of the leg sheilds must slow them down even further ?

omra85

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »

Yes Jon - but it gave the public a chance to look at their Parkas and Ben Shermans :-)
I had greasy jacket and a suedette waistcoat (over the top) [arrgh!]  and rode round on an AJS 600 chopper pulling the birds (whose legs were liberally splattered with oil which I had to wipe off..)!
Ah - thank god for memories  %) :-))

Danny

mikearace

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2011, 12:04:01 am »

Modern Vespa's are a bit more reliable but being perrfectly honest my Li is only reliable as I changed the ignition to 12v and did a lot more things.  An as built Lambretta with 6volt and poitns etc was very unreliable.  The good thing though is that  for the likes of the Normans of belfast, will never lose money even in the current recession.  A basic lambretta frame as a barn find wil fetch a minimum of 500 quid from someone who wont even need to see it.  They are appreciating all the time.  The only exceptions is Indian built SILs or API lambrettas which arent sought after.  A good well built as is Lambretta registered and MOT'd either British Registered or Italian will fetch a minimum of £2grand.  A TV or a Silver Special etc then your looking at much much more.   A good investment. Or at least thats what I tell the wife.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2011, 08:13:44 am »

As a guide: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970-INNOCENTI-LAMBRETTA-GP200-/200592927762?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2eb4452c12#ht_870wt_1139

But riding a scooter was more of a lifestyle statement.
Arriving at a nightclub dressed in a way to be allowed in.
The dress and music and of course girls were as important as the scooter.
I loved the old Lambrettas and ended up owning 7 in total, though never more than 2 at a time.
I never owned a GP but all those up to the GP including the SX 200 Special.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »

I wouldn't call it ugly but it's also not the prettiest of cars, but afaic that goes with the territory of kit cars (unless you happen to have the kit car D-type or gt40)
Forgive me if I beg to differ! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:11 pm »

Yes Jon - but it gave the public a chance to look at their Parkas and Ben Shermans :-)
I had greasy jacket and a suedette waistcoat (over the top) [arrgh!]  and rode round on an AJS 600 chopper pulling the birds (whose legs were liberally splattered with oil which I had to wipe off..)!
Ah - thank god for memories  %) :-))

Danny

Thank god, for a minute I thought you were going to say you wore a parka. You nearly went down in my estimation. %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »

I like my 06 mini Panzer bus (VW Golf Plus ) 600miles + to a tank of diesel --- 700miles on motorways---"55 Ltr tank " easy to get in and out of with my knees, will carry 3 x 45"+ boats and toolboxes  + 12V battery and elec. outboard motor for rescue boat or sailing dingy , confie on long runs and SWIMBO likes it as well, What more do you Need
 Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

Mr Andy

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

I run a Rover 75 CDTI Tourer with an auto box, the cheapest car I've had to run so far, I like the 75 it is a very nice car. I have also for over 7 years owned and kept on the road a 1980 Range Rover, that get's used on an if I need it basis, due to the price of fuel and her being a V8, would I have another, but of course I would.  :}

Andy.  :-)

triumphjon

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2011, 09:56:57 pm »

time to put range rover onto lpg then ? departed mate had a dicso on gas which we used when our transit died one night , very economical to run as it cost less tan half what we were spending in the transit diesel !

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:45 am »

time to put range rover onto lpg then ? departed mate had a dicso on gas which we used when our transit died one night , very economical to run as it cost less tan half what we were spending in the transit diesel !

I imported my LPG Range Rover into Finland.... only one problem.... the nearest LPG place is 175 Kms away and the range is 450Kms lol  :embarrassed:
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.