Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New hobbies.  (Read 1153 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
New hobbies.
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »

Over the winter months, and in a state of semi-hibernation I was bored and casting around for something else to keep me occupied...and for some reason or other I got to wondering how much my home turf had changed over the past years.
I guess just about every public library that's still open has books on local history. Up here we have scads of it (history) and many books on the subject.
So out came the camera. Using the books to take "modern" photos from the same, or as close to it as I could, I could "go-compare"..and to be honest I've been horrified at the sheer vandalism visited upon us. It's only when 2 views are put side by side you can see the damage done.
I suppose that if you live in one of the so-called "new" towns this wouldn't apply, but it does here. We've lost so much that was good, and replaced by dross.
Try it, and see if you can hold your temper when viewing the results! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: New hobbies.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

Same here in Grimsby
A lot of the early photographers took views from street corners so it is quite easy to replicate a lot of the views.
Our local paper pops a comparison in about once a week.
The grand buildings that have disappeared to be replaced (in the seventies mostly) with the new magic concrete
Municipal vandalism.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.