Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merstham Model Steam Show  (Read 2378 times)

Davy1

Merstham Model Steam Show
« on: May 07, 2011, 10:00:02 am »

Just a reminder that this is coming up with swimming pool for the whole weekend 21-22 May 2011.
See http://www.mmss.co.uk/.
Plenty of model submariners will be there.
Free entry for AMS members

Don't forget that it is also the Norwich Warship (incl subs) day this Sunday!

Davy1

Re: Merstham Model Steam Show
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:46:59 pm »

This show is run on behalf of charities.

Clubs and Associations may be given a limited number of free tickets for exhibitors only but these will only be issued  by prior arrangement with the club. You could never claim them at the door, for example.

Sorry we were misinformed on this forum and I hope this clears up any confusion.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:11:52 pm »

Where was this misinformation quoted then?

MikeW

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:16:57 pm »

Following the near debacle of a wasted trip following another one of the OP’s threads in this subforum, I thought I had better email the organisers at info(at)mms.co.uk to find out if I could bring my sub to test for leaks and balance (don’t quite fit in the bath tub) at one of the 30min sessions.

Well I saved myself a trip. The public are not even allowed into the pool area, let alone get a chance to put a boat in the water if you are not a member of one the clubs allowed to display around the pool perimeter.  The best you can do is watch from the outside regardless of if you bring a model or not. Sailing in this show is limited to approved exhibitors only.

I am posting this to save anyone else a potentially wasted trip  >:-o.

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »

Yes, I am pretty sure the pool at Merstham is only for exhibitor use. Its the same as just about all other shows.
If you want the run your sub (as well as have chat or just spectate of course) with other model submariners then you'll need to attend one of the Sub days organised by clubs Like Barrow, Norwich, Edinburgh or the 'Dive Ins' (swimming pool events) in London or St Albans.  Your local club may have submariners as well too but possibly not many and not all sailing at the same time. This is unfortnatley a niche but very rewarding section of the hobby.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:06:58 am »

Unless the organisers have changed their policy, in the past you could attend as an independent modeller. You do need to inform them first though. Thankfully with t'internet, it's easy these days, a simple email saying who you're are and what you want to bring along has met with a positive response in the past.

Hopefully the AMS boys will allow you to share their allotted slot- with the members that attend that show I think you would be fine.

Davy1

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:49 am »

Just an update on this.The show seemed pretty quiet by all accounts. Fewer traders and public this year, it seems.
On the plus side the pool was lovely and uncrowded (See  above.)
Plenty of space on the sun loungers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.