Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: retiering from model boats  (Read 6189 times)

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: retiering from model boats
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:49 pm »

I wouldn't want to join a club that would accept me as a member.....

(with apologies to GM) :} :}

You would make an ideal secretary, will keep you in mind for the next AGM!!!
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Tutssy

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »

Glad everything is good with the club etc. . .

Studies are very important.  Unfortunately, these days you have to have it in writing that you have a brain. 

The ability to use it however, appears to be optional.

Regards  Al

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 09:00:25 pm »

I hope all goes well for you now. Hope fully you can find someone at your club who will take take the time
to mentor and help you. Wishing you well now and for the future. John.

John Mk2

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 09:18:10 pm »

Your Club is proud of what it has achieved in its 25 years in existence, usually achieved by drop outs, weirdos, geeks, scotsmen, et al. We have an open door policy, if you can put up with us, we will put up with you ( Tony!!! ). Try to develop a bit of a thick skin and you should be able to put up with the occasional Thick Head!!

And I bet i can finish a project before you :-))

Spot on ! Been there  :-))

mikearace

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

Hey KK if you built it, and its yours then its good enough regardless of what anyone else says. As for kids at school, well from your posts and your questions you obviously have a meaningful life and something to focus on and develop yourself with which is no doubt much more than they have. Dont let the XXXXXXX's grind you down!    

triumphjon

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:18 pm »

maybe if kk were to change his attitude towards others he might get on better with others , its purely down to his attitude and poop stirring nature that has stopped me from using the local lake !

nhp651

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 09:40:08 pm »

KK, you sound a veryfed up young man at the moment, and i wonder whether youhave told your parents how you feel, and how you are being treated at school.
let's disregard the club aspect and the way in which one very narrow minded member has treated you[all clubs have one or two loiterers like that, who give little and take much,
but from your comments on all things, you have hit rock bottom because of the bullying [for want of a better word] and this can have serious consequences for young lads entering puberty.
as an ex teacher of 22 years, and a person who hmself suffered bullying at school, i led at times a one man crusade in school against bullying.........sometimes because head teachers WOULDN'T admit that it went on in their schools.
tell your mum and dad and talk to them. if you can't talk to them, then please, please please.......phone CHILDLINE on 0800 1111....THEY WILL HELP YOU.

they can[in total confidence and need not tell your parents if you so wish] contact your school and make sure that your school takes the matter seriously.
they can also prosecute any one over the age of 11[the age of criminal liability] for mental and physical; abuse.

but remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE..............there is always someone out there or here that can and will offer you help, advise and comfort when you are feeling down and low.......

take care young man, and take the first step to making sure that you are not bullied any more.
best wishes, neil.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 09:45:24 pm »

Well put Neil, I was trying to think of something like that to say, my lad was bullied at school last year and it took nearly six months of abuse before he finally broke down and told me...

Krafty kid, if there is a need for someone to talk to Pm me and I will listen and if possible offer some advice as would Neil...

Russ

Yarpie

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 10:38:08 pm »

With the greatest of respect fellow mayhemmers, please try and get this subject in context.

It is entirely possible that what was allegedly said was said in jest.

This issue has soured what was a good display (and, incidentally a good PR exercise) on Sunday where the club supported another local event.

I feel sure that any complaint (if made through the formal channels) would be investigated within twenty four hours and any appropriate action taken by the club committee.

The lad himself still maintains that the club he belongs to is 'a proud club' and he confirms that he has had no end of support from the membership in general. That, mayhemmers, is fact.

This whole saga may boil down to the ability (or inability) to interpret a soundbite of banter, something that is refreshingly prevalent at his club, and indeed, if I may make so bold, on this excellent forum as well. ;)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:06 pm »

This whole saga may boil down to the ability (or inability) to interpret a soundbite of banter....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek  refers..... :D :D

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

All we'll leave it there....

Topic cleaned up and locked.

Martin - Admin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.