Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea Queen by Aerokits  (Read 1845 times)

redcraftmodels

Sea Queen by Aerokits
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:45:42 pm »

Hello Folks. Back in the 1950's I built a Sea Queen power was is the wonderful 7 cc Taplin Twin. Now the story I have not run the model for 15 + years because over the years the hull became very badly oil soaked, so cleaned the engine up and shelved it. there are so many pepole that have no idea what the models of yesterday look like or how we powered them, when you tell them you get huh. So I want refinish and now rebuild the hull. The cabin is sound all the WEBB fittings are good shape, the Taplin Twin runs just as well as it did so, I have problem, sadly the hull is unrepairable, it has been badly damaged in storage fire. Anyway I am hopping to find hull and frame drawings to build a new hull to fit the old cabin any help will be greatly appreciated. My Email is redcraftmodels@hotmail.com Thank you Regards Red

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sea Queen by Aerokits
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

Ypou could buy a new Sea Queen from JoTiKa who have reintroduced it - that would really do justice to your Taplin Twin. http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Aerokit_Front.htm

Colin

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »

Anyway I am hopping to find hull and frame drawings to build a new hull to fit the old cabin any help will be greatly appreciated....

I don't think that frame drawings ever existed - the kit just had elevation and plan views, and the frames were pre-cut...

OLDSALT

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:57:07 pm »

Hi i have just built the new version of the Sea Commander if the new version of the sea queen is as good i would highly recommend it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.