Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report To Moderator Option.  (Read 3142 times)

boater12

Report To Moderator Option.
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »

Just a qucik question, I reported 2 posts in the forum tonight while moderators where active, nothing has been done and not even a pm sent to me ........ Surely if a report gets sent, then the admin / mods can see it and act accordingly, even a pm with there actions would be enough  :-))

If there is no response, then remove the 'REPORT TO MODERATOR' button.

A confirmation of the report would be great  :-)) :-))

Jim.

bikerdude666

Re: Report To Moderator Option.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:04:03 am »

And move it aswell! Keep pressing report instead of reply cos they come up so close together on my phone lol

Think the thumper club are getting fed up reports from me haha

bikerdude666

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:12:37 am »

As a serious side note, if moderators operate the same as the other forums I go on they are volunteers who moderate free of charge in their spare time and as such aren't always online to respond right away, we should thank them for their time and effort keeping the boards spam free rather than moan if they're not quite as quick as we'd sometimes like...

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:42:45 am »

It might help if we All knew what occurs if we use the 'report to moderator' button.

Does it actually connect with a moderator or are all moderators advised that report to moderator has been activated. ?

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:47:23 am »

A "Report to Moderator" doesn't automatically mean that the reporter(s) will receive an acknowledgement. All moderators receive a copy of the report via email from Martin, and if it is deemed that action should be taken, it is. Not all reports are considered to be worthy of action, but each report is dealt with on its merits.

As bikerdude666 pointed out, all the moderators are unpaid volunteers who devote a lot of their time to keeping Mayhem a family friendly forum, but they are unable to read every single post. The "Report to Moderator" button allows members to draw the moderators' attention to matters that the mods themselves may have missed. Even if a moderator is shown to be online, he will only see any reports when he checks his email. Time zones also have a bearing, for example, tigertiger lives in China, and I live in Australia, so it may be some time before either of us sees a report.

I hope this clarifys the situation

Peter Fitness,
Moderator.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:37 am »

Yes, as Peter says, we react asap, other times, when we need to too, (sometimes it just spats between members, sometimes
  things need a discussion between moderators, others need further investigation).

Has your report to moderator been sorted now Jim?

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

boater12

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:47:01 am »

Many thanks for the response to my question, yes Martin, I see that the post in question was removed  :-)) I thought that a pm would have been sent regarding any action taken from the report that was sent.

And to Peter, you certainly did clarify the situation  :-))

Cheers,

Jim.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:32 pm »

A "Report to Moderator" doesn't automatically mean that the reporter(s) will receive an acknowledgement. All moderators receive a copy of the report via email from Martin, and if it is deemed that action should be taken, it is. Not all reports are considered to be worthy of action, but each report is dealt with on its merits.

As bikerdude666 pointed out, all the moderators are unpaid volunteers who devote a lot of their time to keeping Mayhem a family friendly forum, but they are unable to read every single post. The "Report to Moderator" button allows members to draw the moderators' attention to matters that the mods themselves may have missed. Even if a moderator is shown to be online, he will only see any reports when he checks his email. Time zones also have a bearing, for example, tigertiger lives in China, and I live in Australia, so it may be some time before either of us sees a report.

I hope this clarifys the situation

Peter Fitness,
Moderator.

Thank you Peter.
It's a relief to know we will not self destruct if we press the button

The long Build

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:59 pm »

Well as long as one of the Mod's remembers to type in

4 8 15 16 23 42    every 108 minutes we will all be fine..   :-))

Double D

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »

It's not them you have to worry about it's "The Others"!!!!!

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

You have LOST me.

:-)) :-))

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:16:47 am »

Lost me too???

boater12

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 10:15:25 am »

Completely lost me as well,

Are they the lucky numbers for the lottery ?

Maybe I need to use the report to moderator button to get an explanation  {-) {-) {-)

Jim.

chingdevil

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:13 am »

It is no good reporting it to a moderator, because I for one have no idea what the numbers mean. It does include the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, but other than that it could be what he orders at the local Chinese

Brian

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:41 am »

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 11:14:42 am »

Now that we have LOST the moderators, we are truly lost, like a ship without a rudder and are doomed, who didn't press the button  O0 O0 O0

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:08 am »

Now I remeber the numbers, should've guessed from 'The Others' reference. Here's some more numbers to confuse you all, Dave.  O0

104  44  30   40  36  10

The long Build

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 12:41:33 pm »

It is no good reporting it to a moderator, because I for one have no idea what the numbers mean. It does include the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, but other than that it could be what he orders at the local Chinese

Brian

No thats, 3 , 6 & 14 with Rice..

Took us 6 years to find out what the full sequance of numbers meant and then it was still just as confusing as the ending to the Prisoner..  Of which I am surprised No. 6 did not pick up on..
Also Regards Lottery Numbers , Apparently 4 of these numbers came up in the Mega lottery in the states when the prize was 355 million dollars so 4 numbers was about 3.9 million so they only got $150 each so the story goes..   %%

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 11:19:52 pm »

I was lost too, until I saw Corposant's post. Now I know why I was lost, and it's because I have never watched LOST %% %%

Peter.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:31 am »

I was lost too, until I saw Corposant's post. Now I know why I was lost, and it's because I have never watched LOST %% %%

Peter.

Peter, all is not LOST because LOST is now available on DVD

O0 O0 O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.