Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copper sheathing  (Read 1877 times)

Hillyard

Copper sheathing
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:00 am »

Hi everyone  Im a newby on the MBM site, so Im kind of blundering my way round at this point.I have acquired a 1/32- 1/35 scale model of the Razee Frigate Hms Indefatigable. I hope to get her up and running in the not too distant future. Not too sure if I will stick with the "Indy" as there doesnt seem to be that much information on her. In the meantime I would like to sheath the hull with copper plate. Does anyone know where I can get copper sheet  or strip/roll from ?  cheers Bob

pugwash

Re: Copper sheathing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:12:40 am »

Bob there have been various builds on the forum featuring copper sheathing - have mooch through the sailing ship builds and you may find
what you are looking for - I think one suggestion was the copper strip that you put round plant pots to keep the slugs off ( and it is already
glued)

Geoff

Hillyard

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »

Cheers Geoff, will do.........theres an awful lot of fascinating info to trawl through....splendid !!!!!!!.I see you are up in Amble. A pal of mine has the Catamaran moored alongside the inner harbour wall next to the marina. If youre ever down there and we are on, say hello, although you may risk being shanghaied and given a paint brush!!!. much obliged. Bob

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:26:42 pm »

Bob having kept my own boat in Amble marina for many years I can assure you I am a dabhand at anti-fouling
Geoff

Hillyard

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »

I would  be watching my back if I was you Geoff !!! Im presently down at St Peters and and well overdue a coat of AF. I love working on the boat.....but it would be nice to get her out sailing again. Now Ive got this Frigate to sort out......glutton for punishment ?!!. Found some of that copper tape for the slugs.Will have a look at that. Cheers Bob

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:07:04 pm »

Hello, Jotika use this product on their period kits, give them a call, you may strike lucky,  Nemesis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.