Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smit Rotterdam  (Read 1549 times)

Chrislittle

• Shipmate
Smit Rotterdam
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

Hello I'm Chris, this is my first post on here  :-)) ,  I'm just getting into model boat building, I've had several models but have all been built before I've purchased them. 
I have had in the garage Smit Rotterdam model tug, which was once a complete model I can only assume but when I aquired it, well lets just say its the hull and a box of bits so I may have to manufacture parts to finish it.  What I wanted to do was pick some of your brains and find out if I can get hold of any of the parts that are used to make the model, or parts of the kit. 
It been sitting around for about 4-5 years and I've now finally got the time to sit down and start to build it up paint it from the start. 

Also I was wondering if someone could recommend a good model shop supplier? I know there are a few around but I'd like to see what ones people tend to use.

Cheers

Chris

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Smit Rotterdam
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »

Hi Chris and welcome to Mayhem.

A very popular ship you have there. There's plenty written about her on site . You can use the  'Search'  button to have a look around for your model. Also, by reading, you will see the most popular shops and best of all, which is the best prices.

Have fun

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 10:21:53 pm »

Welcome aboard Chris, you will find lots of help on here. Most of the good model shops are in U/K & I have found them very helpful in my dealings with them. Two stand outs are Cornwall Model Boats & Component Shop. A search around will help you to find others as well. Mick B.
Mick B.

Chrislittle

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:45:53 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I have previously emailed cornwall model boats many months ago, about a parts for the kit but not the whole model kit as i don't want all of it.  but never got a response, I sent one last night so hopefully will get one back.
My idea is to re build the model with working lights, anchors, radar, and all gadgetry in the bridge, each level will be accessible.  I was going to install a panel for access to the motors which I won't install but if someone wants to make a full running model then they can.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.