Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie!  (Read 1833 times)

mark fd277

newbie!
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »

hi my names mark and ive always liked model boats but never had the time to get on with one, but it seems ive got a lot more free time on my hands due to work (or lack of it) so ive started on a kit from billings the norden 603, great little model and easy to follow plans, but the big project is the brixham beamer the sea lady which me and dad are goin to start soon, the plan is to have her fully rc with working derricks and winch drums but thats a while down the road yet! any suggestion or hints would be greatfully received,

regards mark

wartsilaone

Re: newbie!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »

Welcome aboard shipmate. winches aren't too bad but derricks can be a bit tricky.But there is plenty of guys on deck that can offer help.

mark fd277

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »

hi there yeh thought as much, think the blocks will be hard to make too as dont have a lathe so will have to try and find some.
mark

wartsilaone

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »

I wouldn't write off the derricks just yet, there will be some good advice to come from other members who really know what they are doing.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »

It might be worthwhile looking at Scoonie Hobbys web site. They list working fittings that will help your build
John.

mark fd277

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:16:39 pm »

thanks for that john s, very good site best raid the piggy bank!ha <*<
mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.