Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• International Model Boat Show: November 11, 2011 - November 13, 2011
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL MODEL BOAT SHOW - Warwickshire / Leamington Spa  (Read 47938 times)

The long Build

Re: INTERNATIONAL MODEL BOAT SHOW - Warwickshire / Leamington Spa
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:00 pm »

I've just seen this on the local news...

ooh You are Naughty.. {-) {-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:46 am »

{-) {-) {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Nige52

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 10:00:59 am »

Dave,
If I had absorbed what I read on the forum, I would have remembered you would be on the AT Boatyard stand.....silly me....but looking at my floor plan printed off their website, and also the pink flyer that came with the entrance ticket, there is no mention anywhere of AT Boatyard....?? Yet I know it's there cause I saw it, several times  {-) And it's in the photos......were you incognito.... 8)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2011, 12:51:34 pm »

great show as usual, good to meet fellow mayhemmers too....

the wee haggis got an outing too.....it made an appearence on the blackheath stand  !!!

it seems several club stands were short for space there were so many models present  !- we had boats left in cars as there was not enough space on our club stand.....

traders seemed to do some business so i think it was a good event for all....i certainly left with an empty wallet....

roll on next year but i reckon wont be long before meridienne need a bigger barn ( that or AT boatyard start making smaller boats  {-) !!!)
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »

Great Show as always. Nice to meet old friends and make some new ones. I think we helped one or two people out with there research about Lifeboats as well.

Thankyou to Meridienne for organising the show and the restaurant for keeping us feed and watered.

Congratulations to Burton & District Model Boat club on winning the Best Stand in show Shield.

I do think the quality of the club and society stands has improved in the last few years which is good for the show with more people attending which is good for the traders.

By the way does any one know who or what won the best boat in show this year.

AT Boatyard

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2011, 03:32:41 pm »

Great Show good to see so many people there.
A big thankyou to Meridienne for organising what must be one of the best shows of the year.
Same time same place next year.
regards
Alan,Phil and Dave

badbunny

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2011, 06:25:48 pm »

Hi guys, as a member of the Burton & District Club, thanks for the message of congratulations.  :embarrassed: I completely agree with the comments about the overall high quality of the stands. Well done to everyone! My personal highlights were the Spithead Review miniature display, and the mammoth 1/32 Type 45 destroyer (HMS Daring I think). Oh and Martins shirt of course  8)

Unfortuntely for me my alternator went on the way home on the Saturday which meant I couldnt get backagain on the Sunday (someone else had to bring my boat back), and also my wallet is considerably lighter this evening  <:(

Pete.

P.S. Thanks for posting all those photos Martin. If anyone has any of the Burton stand I'd be grateful for a copy for our club records as I was going to take photos of our stand on the Sunday...

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »

A great show all round I thought, nice to meet up with some new mayhemers as well.
Seems I might have to take my £20 to Brazil as it seems crimestoppers would like a word with me  :(( mind you I was only the look out for Martin----not that I can see much as have been blided by the shirt)

If you think AT boat yards boat is big....you should see the bottle they are going to put it in  {-) {-) {-)
Steamed up all the time

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:33 am »

A great show all round I thought, nice to meet up with some new mayhemers as well.
Seems I might have to take my £20 to Brazil as it seems crimestoppers would like a word with me  :(( mind you I was only the look out for Martin----not that I can see much as have been blided by the shirt)

If you think AT boat yards boat is big....you should see the bottle they are going to put it in  {-) {-) {-)

luckily thanks to you phil we know a perfect barmaid to get the bottle from

phil

Del-boy1958

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2011, 08:33:26 am »

Hi Phil
I have contacts in Brazil I can help you...(the missus is from there)  :D :D :D

Del

Paxton

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2011, 05:29:19 am »

I managed to get there on Sunday and was quite impressed with the scale of the show.  I also managed to meet Phil and Pugwash (both characters I must say!) but regrettably, although Phil said there were other Mayhemmers about, I missed them.  We might need a standard name card for next time?

The standard of models was excellent overall.  Had a long conversation with a fellow who is co-building HMS Gnat an Insect class gunboat and which class has intrigued me since I read "Armed With Stings" as a student.

Cheers  Don

pugwash

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2011, 06:20:25 am »

The first really big show I have visited and I was very impressed by the quality of most of the boats and found a lot of the
club exhibitors only too happy to explain their building techniques.
A long chat with Phil and Don (Paxton) and short intros to many more. Did manage to say hello to Martin when he did not have a camera
stuck to his face, but I must say he has done a fine job of documenting the boats on show.
My favourite shop was a Scale model of HMS Barrosa as she was built. Compared to my HMS Aisne she was a classic.
I then found out she had won a World Championship medal a few years ago in Germany.
Unfortunately she was in a glass case at the back of the Phoenix stand so my photo does not do her justice.
Got some much needed parts and a couple of bargains and emptied my wallet.
Problem was SWMBO spent about ten times as much at the Horse show just down the road at Stoneleigh.

Geoff

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:55 am »

Visited on Saturday and thought it excellent. Mrs Corposant came along too and she enjoyed it as well!! (Especially the lifeboats on the water.)

As others have said, it was slightly disappointing to not meeting up with more Mayhemmers but Phil was in fine form, was he not and Martin put in a dazzling performance.

Mike

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »

Geoff,

Nice to say hello to you too!

Barossa is now over 20 years old and was built by Alex McFadyen as 'relaxation project' after completion of his earlier working model of HMS Vanguard to the same scale (it still took him 3000 hours though!).

Vanguard and Barossa were the subject of a short photo feature in the June 1991 issue of Model Boats and the article was republished in the Model Boats Commemorative Special which I edited last year. Among other projects, Alex went on to build a model of the cancelled RN G3 1921 battlecruiser and more recently has been working on a model of one of the big French battleships of WW2 (can't remember whether it was Jean Bart or Richelieu offhand).

Alex is a really nice guy and certainly one of the UK's best ship modellers along with the likes of Brian King.

Colin

pugwash

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2011, 02:07:12 pm »

Colin, Yes it was nice to meet you as well.  I must agree with you about Alex McFadyen, he told me about his other builds and
we chatted for about an hour about his building methods in regard to Barrosa and he could not have been more helpful to a
novice like myself.

Geoff

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »

Visited on Saturday and thought it excellent. Mrs Corposant came along too and she enjoyed it as well!! (Especially the lifeboats on the water.)

As others have said, it was slightly disappointing to not meeting up with more Mayhemmers but Phil was in fine form, was he not and Martin put in a dazzling performance.

Mike

Steamboat Phil (aka My Little Boater) is always on fine form. If you watched the Lifeboat display then there was at least 3 Mayhemers taking part in the display, myself with the Solent Class, lifeboatpaul (Paul Chilcott) and johno 51-11 (John Owen) and maybe 17-21 (Phil Locke).
I think we need a standard 'badge' for Mayhemers to sport at these events. Dave.  :-))

icebreaker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »

Couldn't make it this year but thanks for the photos on here fellas it looked like it was a good show

Welsh Wizard

« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:17 am »

Well the mythical £20 note is NO MORE sorry Lads and Lasses I GOT Phil to spend it on Fri AM and it was before 9am as well cos HE ACTUALLY BOUGHT my breccie and good it was as well.It Was so Nice to meet up with OLD friends Alan at Boatyard,Klunk and Nigel form Wickstead Park Model Boat club and all the OTHE|R members form that club.It was certainly an eye opener for myself reasons I can not divulge on Here but all I will say is

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Welsh Wizard

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2011, 12:58:09 am »

Apart from Phil, Dave, Alan and Martin I missed out on all others.  {:-{  Was hoping to see Pugwash and many others but failed - a bit like the old eyesight I think.  Dave's suggestion (aka No.6) is spot on really - if we really do want to meet / be recognised by other forum members (of whom we have had no previous acquaintance) at any event, then perhaps a standard badge could be designed and distributed by some of the more computer literate / entrepreneur souls on the forum that we could purchase, (with recoverable costs charged of course.)  I'd be happy to buy one one - not aware of too many that might want to black my eye on the car park!  {-) {-) {-)   %) %)

Just a thought, regards, Tony.

pugwash

« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:08 am »

Hi Tony I was there all day Saturday and Sunday - did look out for you but you obviously don't look like your Pic
or my eyes are also getting short of lamp-oil

Geoff

VIVALDI

« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2011, 06:39:51 pm »

Hi,

Great show, as usual. I recognized many familiar head... :-)) {-) {-)

We hope to return next year with the Bateau Modélisme Brestois! ok2 ok2

Kenavo,
@+, Phil!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2011, 08:12:31 pm »

First batch of Photos now uploaded....
 http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/index.htm

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

Martin,

The model figures in the photos look very realistic; bleary and red-eyed, well-blended paint jobs, join lines diguised and a general air of being broken down, haggard, dissolute and weary.

Er, they are all models aren't they?  O0

Barry M

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »

First batch of Photos now uploaded....
 http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/index.htm

Hi Martin
i can not see the 2011 warwick photos on mayhem home page

john

richtea

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »

Great job with the pictures Martin.
Regards
Richard  :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.