Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to boating  (Read 1255 times)

Darklord

Newbie to boating
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

Hello Chaps and Chap-esses.
My name is Steve and I'm kinda new to this boating hobby, so I'll tell how this all started.....

I've been into RC for the past Seven years and have quite a collection of vehicles from all disciplines, but have never really done much in the way of boating.
It all started about 4 years ago with a Revell Flower Class Corvette model kit which I had been converting to RC and had never really finished until... My friend Big Ade suggested the I get my bum in gear and get her ready for the Ellesmere Port Model Boat Show which was a few months ago.
I Got her ship shape and took her for her first ever sailing and was a bit disappointed with the lack of speed.
Luckily a few other members of the club pointed out that "What she needs is a brass prop!"
I bought one at the show and I also had a quick rummage in the 'bring and buy' section. And there I purchased a RAF rescue launch for a £100 which needed electrics but otherwise was in good condition.
I went home and fitted the brass prop and kitted the launch out with a few electrics borrowed from one of my cars.
I returned the next day and ran the Snowberry and was instantly shocked with the transformation!!! Then I ran the RAF launch (which I now know is a thornycroft type) and was hooked into this boating thing straight away. %%

So here I am!

I have now bought some more projects to be getting on with and will probably be seeking advice from you guys as I know nothing about boats or their terminology.... {-)
So my latest projects are:-
Aeronaut "Torben" Tug. (part built)
Smit Nederland (Damaged at front)
HMS Bluebell (Needs tidy up and electrics)

So Toodle pip for now and chat to you all soon.

Steve

sailorboy61

Re: Newbie to boating
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:57:32 pm »

Welcome onboard....... you'll soon have more pending projects than runners and work time...... how does that happen??  :o  :D  :D  {-)

Or is that just me????

gwa84

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:38:30 pm »

welcome to mayhem  :-))

bulldog1966

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:31:14 pm »

welcome to mayhem :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.