Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 World championship  (Read 9948 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: F1 World championship
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »

In their Solar Powered cars at night, should be an exciting race!
Candle power?  Luminous paint on the track and mount the solar calls underneath for night running?

Another flagon of that swigging absinthe over here, waiter!
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

Hybrid
Solar + Clockwork

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:44 pm »

at least we have not got the problems FIFA has regarding corruption
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

richtea

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 07:25:24 pm »

at least we have not got the problems FIFA has regarding corruption

Bernie Ecclestone and his partners own F1,
FIFA is not a private company, Sepp Blatter is an elected president and just like politicians, when elected look after
the people that voted them in.
Depends which side of the fence your on.
One side says corruption, the other says just protecting the people that voted for me.
In both cases you could say Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

nick_75au

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2011, 05:29:20 am »

Heard an interesting statistic on the sustainability aspect, more CO2 is produced from the support vehicles of the Tour de France than in all the F1 races :}

Great season this year so far.

At least no Nascar supporters have piped up yet, talk about boring ;D

Cheers
Nick

wartsilaone

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2011, 10:38:37 am »

I think it's the tyres that's making the biggest difference this year. The DRS hasn't made much impact yet but it might come good in Montreal when the drivers get to use it twice. Personally I think they should be able to use it when they like but that's just me.

Ali. 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:55 pm »

Is the DRS an automatic reset system depending on track position?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wartsilaone

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »

The DRS can only be used if your car is a second or less behind another car when on a certain part of the track, usually just before the start/finish strait. Once you put brakes on at the end of the strait the flap goes back down and you will have to wait until the end of the next lap.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 12:39:59 pm »

DRS???
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Capt Jack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

John Mk2

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

A flap on the rear wing (Spoiler) open's = less down force & less drag  ok2

nick_75au

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 06:18:28 am »

Its a mechanical version of the "f duct".

Nick

nick_75au

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 09:47:36 am »

Well another exiting race despite the yellow flag start and the massive red flag interval, Was a 2am start for me, glad the Queen decided to have her birthday holiday today ;D I would have been 2 1/2 hours late to work otherwise. ended up going back to bed till 10:30 Am :embarrassed:

Congratulations to the Winner an amazing drive from last to first after the last safety car, beats Marks drive in China but there was hardly any footage of his overtaking moves :((
Cheers
Nick

richtea

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

Great race in Canada,
Can we have more wet races ?
it certainly adds to the excitement.
What was Lewis Hamilton trying to do,
he seems to have his kamikaze head on this season.
What a drive from Button, when he came back on track in 21st place
I said that he will be lucky to get a point.
Shows how much that I've learned watching F1 for 40 years.  %%
Vettel must be as sick as the proverbial parrot, leading from 1st lap to last
and making one mistake that cost him the victory.
He will still take some catching for the title but I hope some one can mount a serious challenge.
So lets hope that the next few races in Europe are as exiting as Montreal.  :-))

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 02:06:43 pm »

One does tend to forget that Buttton is quite a useful driver on his day. All too often he seems to lose interest about 1/4 the way into the race, and only wake up again in the last quarter. Mind you, it does tend to help things along if he doesn't see two main rivals and successfully punts them off... but hey, that's racing. Anyway, all credit to him.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »

Agreed, another great race and even the rain intermission commentary was entertaining, Martin Brundle & David Coulthard
 earned their money yesterday! Only disappointment for me was Schumacher not getting on the podium..... must have done
 his ego a power of good though, coming in 4th!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

richtea

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

Martin,
Yesterday was the one and only time the words
Come on Schumi have passed my lips.
Yesterday showed that he still has the will to win.
Long may it continue.
Every sport needs characters like Schumi now and then
to raise the pack to another level.  :-))

Roadrunner

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »

Years ago I used to watch the F1, I've even been to Silverstone to watch the GB grand Prix (21st b-day pressie) then it started to become a one horse race year after year, i'm sure many noticed that it started to become the cars winning the races not the driver, I'm sure many of the rules,regulations,computers etc had something to do with it.

Gone are the days of Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna to name a few who really kindled my spirit of F1.

Although over the past 2 years or so it looks as if its coming back to being a ''drivers race'' which i must say I'm more impressed with the level of racing rather then it being a ''technical exercise'' or ''show of technology''

Although I find, its still more about the cars then the driver ( don't get me wrong driving those things do require a great amount of skill, something many of us could never do)
 I do think that its no longer a considered racing, for years now I have been more impressed with the Motor GP, and Touring cars, to me those are races, only modified cars/bikes (heavily mind you) but there still cars or bikes to which the 'common man' drives, which is how it used to be when racing first started out all those years ago.

Dose anyone else find that or just me?

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:59 pm »

It wasn't just the one corner that Vettel ran a bit wide on. Two corners before his "off" he dunched the wall a bit...and that must have given Button a bit of mental impetus.
There's always been a slight question mark about Vettels behaviour when under pressure and his perceived dislike of overtaking for a place. For my money, Mark Webber is the better "racing driver". Hamilton? Well Hamilton is Hamilton and I for one certainly wouldn't write him off yet. If nothing else he both adds a bit of excitement and makes other drivers (mainly the very fast "plodders") a bit leary of him. Just like the Shoemaker used to do. Button? Smooth and "quiet" and much under-rated by many.....as was proved yesterday. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

knoby

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 06:52:45 pm »

I have always enjoyed the technology side of F1, but, like many, became a little bored with watching the actual racing over the past decade. This year i think the new rules have managed to get the interest back into the racing & the sport is much better for it.There seems to have been more overtaking this year than in the last 10 seasons all rolled into 1.
Only saw the highlight of the last race, but it was a good 1, because i spent the weekend at Silverstone watching proper racing (moto GP).

cheers Glenn

Nordsee

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 02:40:23 pm »

Apart from all the F1 Ballyhoo, on sunday, at Silverstone it was MotoGP day. There , in pouring rain and with a totally waterlogged track, these brave young men put on a show for the spectators and the TV. No delays, just pure racing! Also a young Englishman, named Bradley Smith, started from 28th place on the Grid, overtook more competitors than happens in a complete Season of F1, and finally finished 2nd, big Headlines in the Press, photos and Interviews on Radio and Newspapers? None of it, these are the real Racers, one of them, Colin Edwards, crashed last weekend and broke his collarbone, it now has a Plate in it. He started  this week and finished 3rd,real men Racing awesome machines....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.