Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine 5 ESC programming  (Read 5317 times)

Dekan

Deans Marine 5 ESC programming
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »

I have acquired a Deans Marine Fireboat with a "5" esc. Can you program this controller, if so, can you tame the reverse function? I'm using a Planet T5 tx so no end point adjustment is possible....

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Deans Marine 5 ESC programming
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

P/M sent

Dekan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

Thanks Stan PM sent

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:59 am »

Why answer with a PM, is it a secret, perhaps someone has the same problem and would also like to know the answer. %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:16 am »

HI DickyD. No it is not a secret but first of all  I need to find out  more about this E/S/C it could be from MTronicks or if the boat is a ready to run model it could be anything. I have sorted many problems out for fellow forum members by contacting them by phone after they had been totally confused by some of the replies posted. I do agre if possible a post on Mayhem will help others that may have a similar problems but this is not always the best solution and a direct approach may be the best way of sorting out any problems.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 10:31:17 am »

Stan...we must respect your decision for secrecy & choosing to conduct your communications via PM's.......BUT

a. what is the point of raising a question on a WEB site ...to take the communication off line with a PM
b. what is the point of answering a PM with another PM on our WEB site when referencing the same question or issue?

Richard [DickyD] has clearly questioned your lack of understanding of a WEB site such as Mayhem in helping & assisting fellow members ................... O0

I do not understand  >:-o >>:-( <*< .......Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 10:42:55 am »

Some good points raised, why do I want to know who is PM ing who.

{:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

Hi all, I have to agree it would not be much of a forum if it was all 'PM sent'.  I am interested in solutions to problems and like to read about them.
However it is great that there is always someone able to help out.  Please don't hide your light under a bush!

I think the only posts that annoy are the ' I don't know either' ones, they really are pointless.

regards to all, Roy

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 01:46:58 pm »

HI Guy's. Sorry I caused so much trouble just by sending a p/m. When i get some information on the problem I will let you all know. I do understand what the site is about and I will in the future make contact first through the site and if the problem is not sorted then I may follow up with a p/m. I hope this puts this matter to bed.

Stan :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:48:58 pm »

Well said Stan,
regards Roy

Dekan

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

There is no problem.... :-)) all I want to know is it possible to program a Deans Marine no 5 esc to reduce the reverse speed or is the set button just to set up the throttle mid point...The boat is a stock Deans 610mm RAF Fireboat with it's original running gear...a no 5 esc and black speed 400 motor

The esc has green and red leds to indicate motor direction...stop is green and red on...Needles to say no info on the web site ok2   

ACTion

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 05:39:47 pm »

Easy.
Speak soundly to your left thumb and tell it that when you pull it backwards you only want it to go half as far as when you push it forwards. That's why we have proportional speed controllers and not Ahead/Astern On/Off switches - although having seen some blokes trying to push the throttle stick through the top of the Tx case you'd be forgiven for wondering.
Imagine - in 1965 when I bought my single channel RCS Guidance System with its rubber-band-powered Elmic Conquest escapement we dreamed of smooooooooooooth  proportional control using a sprung stick instead of "bang -bang" one way or t'other with a button. "You tell 'em that these days? They won't believe you...."  %)
DM

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »

I believe you. I have seen the images carved in the side of a Pyramid :}
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:57 pm »

Having spoken to Dekan this evening it would appear that the controller fitted in his model may have been made by Mtronicks for Deans Marine. I think the E/S/C in this model may be from the sonik 3 range of controllers made by Mtronicks. The units supplied to Deans Marine had a rectangular case while the units sold under the Mtronicks label had a rounded case. Dekan now has the setting up details supplied with the Deans Marine unit and setting up details supplied from Mtronicks for the sonik 3 . Both of these setting up procedures will be put on Mayhem by Dekan in the near future. One final foot note having spoken to Mtronicks this morning some of the early  E/S/C may not work very well on some 2.4 sets.  If in doubt I would suggest you contact them direct or by e/m.

Stan reffin :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

HI Guy's. Sorry I caused so much trouble just by sending a p/m. When i get some information on the problem I will let you all know. I do understand what the site is about and I will in the future make contact first through the site and if the problem is not sorted then I may follow up with a p/m. I hope this puts this matter to bed.

Stan :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

:-)) :-)) O0 O0

Dekan

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 11:29:52 pm »

Thanks for the help Stan, much appreciated.. :-))

I will try to program the esc asper the scans of the Deans/Mtroniks info you emailed me...

If, as you think, the model no 5 means its a 5A esc... I will have to try it on a Watt meter and see what the motor draws... {:-{

Anybody know how the latest Viper esc work on a Planet set up?  I guess it depends on whether the Planet RX binds in less than the 2 sec program set up "window"

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:23 am »

No probs whatsoever with the plug and play Viper and GC(Radiolink) 2.4 so you should be ok with Planet.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:13:34 am »

I have no problems with the standard viper E/S/C  when used with th planet radio system.Thanks for the info when using the plug and play units.

Stan

Dekan

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 05:16:19 pm »

I spoke to Deans today...This esc is only rated for a 6V battery.

As I have no 6V batteries, it will have to be replaced, so I can run the boat on a 7.4 (2S) lipo.

So thats that.. :((

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

HI Dekan. I have just checked the Mtronicks Msonik 3 E/S/C and the operating voltage for this unit is 6 volts to 8.4 volts . The new version of the Msonik  3amp E/S/C Msonik 4 was rated from 6 volts to 12 volts. I have a 3 amp E/S/C from Deans Marine and the operating voltage is 4.8 volts to 6 volts.  These units were made to fit the range of compact kits made by Deans Marine. If any fellow site members have any of the Msonik range from Mtronicks they could be about 6 to 8 years old and the may not work very well with 2.4 systems do not shoot the messenger the information is from Mtronicks. See my last post if in doubt check with Mtronicks .Please see other post for setting up details of the small E/S/C controllers from Deans Marine I think this will apply to  5amp version also the 3 amp version. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Dekan

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 06:38:55 pm »

I swapped the Deans esc out with a Kontronik easy 1000 18A 6-10 cells... no reverse but ok to test the boats CG/ battery position out...

Dekan

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 06:17:27 pm »

The boat was fine...but the Deans motor got very hot and died...The Kontronik esc survived... so I have replaced the motor with a Graupner 7.2v Speed 400...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.