Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: virtual regatta  (Read 1454 times)

hopeitfloats

virtual regatta
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:28:18 am »

is anyone doing any of the virtual regatta races. i have just started the velux 5 oceans race as  mayhem mariner. seems i couldnt use my old mayhem marauder boat.

hopeitfloats

Re: virtual regatta
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:43:32 am »

no takers then. what happened to the crews from the round the world race??

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:56:57 am »

Mine are retired  :}

Actually, I found it just took up too much time, so not going to race again.
Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

The long Build

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:01:50 am »

Likewise, also our works web software has now started to block any game type program so I can not access it in my lunch for course corrections.., saying that I might try it from home but do not rate my chances

chingdevil

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:08:46 am »

Like others I found it took up too much time and like The long build I could not access it from work, so any course corrections were too late and I always found myself aground somewhere.

Brian

The long Build

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:12 am »

Just looked at it and not going to do the race but might try the pirates one, although as mentioned I can not check up in the day so looks like i Might get sunk many times..

Chingddevil , we thought you were just checking out the night life on each grounding .. :}

omra85

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:00 am »

It was an interesting pastime and the banter was entertaining.
The wind change times of twice a day - every day - is too much and begins to interfere with real life (and that does not include the inumerable times you have to log in throughout the day, to make minor corrections)
I've played quite a few various online games during the past year and ALL of them (without exception) require a time committment relative to the amount of success you desire.
The much hyped VORG sailing race starts in September 2011 (I think) so as the nights will be drawing in again, I might have a go at that.
Otherwise, I'm going to be outdoors enjoying the summer.
 :-))
Danny

hopeitfloats

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »

oh well. looks like i will have to be the mayhem rep. :-)) mind you i only do course corrections at night after work or a few times during the day at weekends and holidays. mmmm. maybe thats why i always finished last out of the mayhemer's. {:-{
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.