Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: S I engine installation  (Read 1674 times)

BJ

S I engine installation
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

Having replaced a big nitro engine with a "Sparkie" I have reached the stage of trying to start the sparkie.......

Even with the "Kill Switch" disconnected completely I find that the engine will not even try to fire - no sign of a spark at the plug.

Checking through the hard wiring what I am finding is what I can only describe as a slight residual circuit from the ignition/timing module to earth (say 25% volume on an audio circuit tester [battery and bleeper]). I would expect a totally clean (sound free) circuit. Any comments on this?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: S I engine installation
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »

Im not sure which engine and set up you have. More detail and pic's would be a big help.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:07:01 am »

Are you using anodised mounts? that can cause issues too,try the motor out of the mounts see if theres spark,could be a duff coil or plug is the motor new or used?.I agree lets see a pic and see what you have ,then go from there.
Mart

BJ

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:29 pm »

Sorry Mart but I have only just today picked up on your reply....
I made Bill was aware of the source in a PM and the post seemed to die.....

Seems that I shouldl link this to http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fafb332153137435a8c08b4d3138b17d&topic=16442.0 and add the warning that the Ebay return address is quoted as;
 江涛
罗湖区船步街裕安花园508
深圳 廣東省 518001
China

Tried everything but dynamite to start the engine....
One friend even sent (today) coils from his (different) IC engine to try. Too late, packed and wrapped and just waiting for a readable address!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.