Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IDENTIFY OR INFO FOR THIS MODEL  (Read 3226 times)

tugboyben

IDENTIFY OR INFO FOR THIS MODEL
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »

Hi all
Please can you help identify or have info on the model in the pictures please let me no
The model is 41inchs long with a beam of 10inchs

It is a static model i hope to fit a electric motor to the model i will all so repaint the bottom half  i need to fit prop shaft & rudder

Thanks jason

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
Re: IDENTIFY OR INFO FOR THIS MODEL
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:07 pm »

Looks like an ex Straight Running boat.  V ... Victoria Model Steam Boat Club.
   VMSCvictoriapark@aol.com

Steamboatphil, Mayhem member, could possibly help.

Alan.
Alan.

tugboyben

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »

Hi wetwater

I was thinking may be its a freelance build

Thanks for the link i will send a email & picture

Jason

tugboyben

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »

Hi all
I was looking for info tonight for this boat i got some  ;)

A pal as the boat now he is going to get it on the water will post pictures when the boat ready to sail

http://mookiegifts.com/loisexboaumo.html

Thanks wetwater for your help

jason

thelegos

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:35:19 pm »

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 01:23:30 am »

is this the boat that is on ebay now ?

why don't people say they have a boat they want to sell and need information.

Peter

tugboyben

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:06:24 am »

Morning HS93

NO it is not the same boat i am not selling it on to make money pop your glasses on & read wot i put on last night  :-))

:o  A pal as the boat now he is going to get it on the water will post pictures when the boat ready to sail   :o my boat is in cleckheaton westyorkshire
The one on ebay is in Burnley, Lancashire

Thanks Jason

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280689946915&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 11:29:28 am »

Amazingly similar, if not identical!  Does this mean that they are being made commercially?  At a guess I would have plumped for it being a one off 'Straight Runner'. Might just creep into the 'metre class', just needs a drawer handle on the stern!

Could this lead to a resurgence of Straight running?

Most odd. I wonder how many there are?  And why all the same number?  We have SA for our registered club numbers and I thought V was for Victoria Park as previously said.

regards Roy

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »

Morning HS93

NO it is not the same boat i am not selling it on to make money pop your glasses on & read wot i put on last night  :-))

:o  A pal as the boat now he is going to get it on the water will post pictures when the boat ready to sail   :o my boat is in cleckheaton westyorkshire
The one on ebay is in Burnley, Lancashire

Thanks Jason

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280689946915&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There is no need to get personal or rude  I  don't need glasses , a lot of people on ebay put nearby places , we are talking 25 miles hear. and as very few people have seen it on mayhem to have two in 25 mile suddenly crop up.
I asked if it was your boat. I mearley stated that over the last few years we have had lots of people comming on hear and asking us to identify so they can sell them , for some reason they never say " I want to sell this what is it"

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

:police:  <*<  :police:  <*<  :police:  <*<  :police:  <*<  :police:  <*<  :police:

%)
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 12:57:26 pm »

...... over the last few years we have had lots of people comming on hear and asking us to identify so they can sell them ,
   for some reason they never say " I want to sell this what is it"

O0   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:03:52 pm »

Amazingly similar, if not identical!  Does this mean that they are being made commercially?  At a guess I would have plumped for it being a one off 'Straight Runner'. Might just creep into the 'metre class', just needs a drawer handle on the stern!

Could this lead to a resurgence of Straight running?

Most odd. I wonder how many there are?  And why all the same number?  We have SA for our registered club numbers and I thought V was for Victoria Park as previously said.

regards Roy

From the add  on this site   http://www.nauticalhome.com/product-Authentic-Models-Long-Island-Express-Model-128.htm   it appears to be just a display model, and would explain why it looks the same. :-))

SureI have a picture of a similar design at Llanberris a couple of years ago when Steamboat Phil was testing out the instant barbecue flash running system. %%

Roadrunner

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:33 pm »

Lol made me laugh this one, anyone noticed the damage on the rear starboard side of the model on ebay, and compared it to the one pictured above? Look hard but its there Along with the SAME stand!, I got a tenner says it's the same model... anyone want to take that bet? Lancashire is in the same region ... as said 25 miles or so of posters location  <*< :police:

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 04:19:33 pm »

Lancashire is not the same region  <*<  Passport control on the 62

But I suppose while he's having a go at someone else, he's leaving you alone  O0 {-)

Regards Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Roadrunner

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 04:50:35 pm »

LOL makes a change although he'll be talking to a wall if talking to me  O0.. yeah my bad on the location... I'm not a northerner so don't pay attention to locations over the border, furthest North I've ever been is South Wales, gets to cold further up  {-)  O0

The long Build

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »

If it is a commercial kit , which it appears to be, would the stand not be the same ?

Roadrunner

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 05:25:35 pm »

Maybe but not necessarily, you be surprised how many commercial kits provide a plan to build a stand but not the stand or material to construct one and some no stand plan at all!
 Looking at the 'kit' the stand the boat's photographed on is similar but its not clear enough to make out if its the same as pictured above.
Still it don't explain that white mark on the stern of hull though which was my original though of it actually being sold on ebay, I could be wrong but to many things odd about this as it is so I'm sticking with my previous bet, same boat, until proven otherwise.

tugboyben

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:48:58 pm »

There is no need to get personal or rude  I  don't need glasses , a lot of people on ebay put nearby places , we are talking 25 miles hear. and as very few people have seen it on mayhem to have two in 25 mile suddenly crop up.
I asked if it was your boat. I mearley stated that over the last few years we have had lots of people comming on hear and asking us to identify so they can sell them , for some reason they never say " I want to sell this what is it"

Hi peter (HS93)

Sorry i was rude to you about the glasses bit

I no that the boats are only 25miles apart small world
As i put i will post pictures when its ready to go on the water  my pal as made a start on the boat made a new roof as when i get the boat the roof is made from MDF & very heavy i think he as got a  prop shaft in it he is think of putting brushlees in it if i get time i this week ill pop down to see im & get some more pictures

Regards Jason

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 09:33:39 pm »

http://www.authenticshipmodels.com/attachments/Image/AS139_Lo.jpg

Probably hundreds of them out there waiting to become trendy decorations.  If the cabin roof of the original is MDF, I suspect a far eastern manufacturer of decoration models, which are usually made to look OK in that the model's basic purpose is to keep the paint the right shape, never mind about structural integrity.  I have seen a few such converted, in all cases it was noted that the wood was 'orrible quality, and the paint was not really waterproof.  This may be further up market, but I suspect that this is mainly due to its size.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.