Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner Shark  (Read 3177 times)

Nige52

Graupner Shark
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

Has anyone built or owned this sub? If so could you advise me if it's worth buying and if so what foibles should I look out for?
Many thanks
Nige

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Graupner Shark
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:32:05 pm »

Make sure nothing is missing as the kit has lot of unique parts.
Also check the gearbox is smooth, without any slop or noise.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Nige52

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:55 pm »

Thanks Martin, are there any other small subs available that don't cost the earth?
Cheers
Nige

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:25:22 pm »

Nige, have you thought about the Bob Read designed submersible available from MyHobbyStore as a set of styrene mouldings? About £25, I think...dead easy to build if you install a small wtc, dynamic dive, cheap to build and about 25" long.

Rich

Here's the link : http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/18086/submersible-hull-hulbm1426

Nige52

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:44 pm »

Hi Rich,
I have never built a sub so don't really know what's involved, what I would like is another sub to add to my U-96 (Scratch built from wood by somebody else) but smaller and hopefully a fairly easy build, or even an already built one, I'm not fussy  :}
It's just that I saw the Graupner Shark on Elite Models and the size and colour appealed to me.....me of simple pleasures..... {-) I have no idea how to build a WTC so a kit with instructions would be a must, but any suggestions for other small dynamic subs would be welcome, I'll have a look at your suggestion, thanks.
Nige  :-))

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:48:38 pm »

Get a Robbe Seawolf. Relatively small and better built than a Shark.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:34:08 pm »

There you are Nige, there's a good suggestion...the Robbe Seawolf V2 should fit all your criteria nicely. Take your time building it, go steady and you'll end up with a nice boat. You can spray it orange if you wish.... O0

over_powered84

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:23:39 am »

awesome little sub, dontr get me wrong ming being 2nd hand has been a nightmare made worse by the fact Graupner have discontinued the kit... ie spares are RARE!  >:-o
i've had it running and surface popping too... and sink... thankfully only in shallow water... (bloody glasgow bullies and their warships... lol)
at the moment it's a listed project to rebuild as i have the shafts out to be reseated and resealed properly, only hindered by the limited space... oh yeah... motor replacement... BRUSHLESS :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.