Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shipcraft series of resource books.  (Read 2347 times)

Daemon

shipcraft series of resource books.
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

Has anyone ever used any of these? Just curious as to the quality and usefulness of them
Dave.

raflaunches

Re: shipcraft series of resource books.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 02:33:03 pm »

Hi Dave

I have about four or five in my collection,  they usually have a  technical history of the vessel and service history of each particular ship, ship profile drawings, lots and lots of pictures, colour profiles for the camouflage, and all the model kits and accessories available at time of publication. They are fantastic books but do concentrate more on the static ship modeller for the kits.  I am waiting for the next book about County class Cruisers so I can start on my Dean's Marine hull.

Nick B 

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:48:55 pm »

I've found all the books in the series are excellent reference sources. The kit/accessory reviews are almost entirely focused on smaller scale static models, but they include plenty of drawings, colour profiles, and photos of both the real vessels and of detailed models, which are just as helpful for building a larger R/C model.
The Shipcraft book on Flower-class corvettes is particularly good, it's a hardback book significantly thicker than the others in the series and includes a lot more scale drawings and colour profiles, along with historical information on all the individual ships in the class.

Daemon

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

Raflaunches - Thanks, I was after the Cruiser book specifically for the County class - I want to do a 1/96 or 1/144 HMS Northumberland, but as it was planned and never built, I haven't been able to find any diagrams on the web. Apparently its similar to HMS London, although I can't even remember where i read that.

Edward - Thanks also, very helpful :)

Canopus

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:14 pm »

I have a couple of these and generally find them really quite good and informative. The nest in my view is Grand Fleet Battlecrusiers which is really an excellent introduction to the subject with good photo coverage and descriptions.

Recommended

Geoff

farrow

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »

Hi Daemon,
The book is now in print and I have one, it is good and some interesting information, ref the London she was rebuilt to a more modern design and was different to her sister ships to look at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.