Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Seawolf...ballast  (Read 1917 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Robbe Seawolf...ballast
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

Before  I go to the big pond with my Seawolf, does the ballast look about right? The piece sat on the deck is now secured inside the stern.
She seems to sit horizontal.

Also I have the rear planes controlled by the third channel, do I need the auto control of the front ones?
Ta
Frank

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Robbe Seawolf...ballast
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:12:08 pm »

Lock the front vanes or have them controlled by another channel (far from essential with this boat). The boat looks a little high, stick some lead in to get the decks completely awash so that just the sail is above the surface, then it'll slip under very sweetly.

Not essential, but for best underwater control fit a leveller. This one is a blinder- http://www.microgyros.com/model_submarine_electronics.html

Unless you really like the look of them get rid of those sail mounted vanes (they just add drag).

Have fun sailing, bring it along to the Dive-in in June.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:41:53 am »

First sail yesterday, fairly successful, not added the extra lead yet. The stern seem to come out the water when diving, with the prop thrashing about.
A bit worrying when she disapeared from view...for a first time submarinier!!! %)

I've the up and down and left/right on the right hand stick, just motor on the left, I think it might be better to put the steering with the motor on the left??

No water inside!!

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

You'll find that if you trim it right down to decks awash, and use a touch less of stick movement when you dive, it will go down a lot better...once the nose is under, back off on the stick until it slips under, that way you should stop the prop breaking the water surface.

All of my subs are set up with the left stick controlling ahead/astern (up/down on the stick) pump/blow ballast on the 5th channel (on/off/on 3 way switch) rudder left/right on the right stick, up/down on the vanes on the right stick (up/down).

The Neptune is the odd one out at the minute, but it will be changed to the same operation on the sticks very soon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.