Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: black  (Read 14623 times)

rshermanking

Re: black
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 12:02:56 pm »

yo bro you need a beating with a white stick me thinks  <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

bat44

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 01:14:33 pm »

i was told some time ago that we painted some of are mtb's pink during the second world war for night work, is this right if so what shade of pink

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 02:00:50 pm »

Two tones of Mountbatten Pink in the Med, wasn't very successful. Are you considering this colour for your MTB? It would match your eyes :}
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Roadrunner

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 03:07:27 pm »

Bat44 (did your battery's run dead or ''somin''?) .... I swear sometimes I have seen it all then another bit of stupidity pops up, if you paint a boat black it becomes really hard to see at night,(why the military like to use dark colours!)  its bad enough that smaller models at distance can be very hard to see even in day light!

Seriously though if you had a brain you be dangerous! I could have thought the forum was for serious questions!

What ever happened to common sense?   <*< <*<

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 04:12:03 pm »

[quote author=Roadrunner link=topic=30001.msg297290#msg297290 date=130417244

Seriously though if you had a brain you be dangerous! I could have thought the forum was for serious questions!

What ever happened to common sense?   <*< <*<
[/quote]

He has a brain, and he is dangerous! (particularily when you need a splinter removed). Seriously, this is Model Boat MAYHEM and not Model Boat Po-Faced? As far as serious questions...currently doing the rounds are posts relating to the percieved intelligence of mice (they do not have a seat on the UN, so stupid would seem to be the answer to that), royal wedding (nice Aston Martin, good work ethics), whats your car (Mondeo, different coloured door to the rest of the car, wont bother photographing it or waxing lyrical about it, i'll be glad to see the back of it).This post is a bit of fun with a bit of useful info thrown in, mostly from other people however ok2
There are excellent and informed posts most every day, and there are fun posts most every day, dont let them upset you.."Calm down dear"
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

triumphjon

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »

well said unbuilt , i dont know what all the fuss is about , many people operating at the lake cant see a model painted white four feet from the edge , a black painted projectile wont be much different ! !

Yarpie

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 05:03:15 pm »

well said unbuilt , i dont know what all the fuss is about , many people operating at the lake cant see a model painted white four feet from the edge , a black painted projectile wont be much different ! !

Your point being .................... ??

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »

Glad I was a Guzz man

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

omra85

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 06:02:24 pm »

I love a good technical discussion, so let us try and bring some science into this topic.

Now, given that in the film "The Matrix", it was proven that bullets coloured light grey were extremely SLOW (I saw them!) and further, that I once had a boat coloured white which did not go AT ALL (whilst a dark grey battleship sailed joyously round it), we can use a simple arithmetric progression for monochrome objects -

WHITE - complete inertia
LIGHT GREY - very slow
DARK GREY - faster
(by extrapolation) BLACK - infinite speed

Thus you can travel completely round the pond instantaneously with a black boat!  Obviously, you would have to verbally inform onlookers that the feat had occurred, otherwise they would wonder why you hadn't painted it white!!

It is all to do with the fact that a black colour is not really black, it is an absence of reflected light when the speed of light is achieved.  So it may be possible to increase the speed of a boat by PRETENDING it is black, or even wearing very dark sunglasses (as demonstrated by sports car owners).
Anyone done any experiments in this field??

Danny

snowwolflair

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

Just spoted this thread.

First a story  - SIGNAL who make naval radars in Holland say they can spot the American stelth aircraft as a "clean hole" flying though the sky.  The aircraft masks the background refections.

In a similar way a true black ship will mask any water surface light scatter no mater how little.  So yes you will see a black shaddow but no detail.

bat44

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:29 pm »

hi roadrunner if i cannot ask this question what question would you like me to ask i know what is the meaning of life , dose the light in the fridge go of when you close the door,  is the moon made of cheese,  how dose a bee fly,  what came first the eeg or the chicken. Stupid yes but what if i won't to know these things

triumphjon

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »

if youd like a black model , paint it black , should there be a problem seeing it out on the lake then you may need to repaint it something more visable !

cliff2903

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:28 pm »

if i cover my boat in mirrors will i be able to see it in the middle of the lake in the daytime ?????  ok2

Yarpie

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 10:02:51 pm »

if i cover my boat in mirrors will i be able to see it in the middle of the lake in the daytime ?????  ok2

Not if the mirrors were formerly owned by celebrities, luvvies, shirt-lifters or body builders.

How do I know??

Because all of the mirrors would be covered in love bites!! {-) %% O0 ;D

Yarpie.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 10:34:06 pm »

Why not fit navigation lights, sorted, I did with a 1/8th I.C. car for my son, two yellow LED's on the front and a big red 'un at the back, looked like an F1 racer in the dark  :-))
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 09:04:27 am »

I am surprised the PC police or moderators have not censored this racist thread  %) %)
'Black' surely you must mean not white  :kiss: :kiss: :police: :police:

Big Ada

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »

" Black " you can say at the moment.

Len.

Roadrunner

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »

hi roadrunner if i cannot ask this question what question would you like me to ask i know what is the meaning of life , dose the light in the fridge go of when you close the door,  is the moon made of cheese,  how dose a bee fly,  what came first the eeg or the chicken. Stupid yes but what if i won't to know these things

what is the meaning of life = death cos thats what happends to all of us.. what a pointless existence.

dose the light in the fridge go off when you close the door= err yes, you see you can test that theory too, there's a button, or push switch that is activated by the closing of the door.. push it with your finger and watch the light go off...

is the moon made of cheese = apparently man has been to the moon on more then one occasion and they brought back rock.. so no.. unless you wish to have some moon rock on toast and find out..

how dose a bee fly = with wings obviously....

what came first the eeg or the chicken = bacteria officially..

My previous statement still stands what happened to common sense?

omra85

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 07:46:03 pm »

Hey Roadrunner - that's REALLY cheered me up no end   {-)
You must have some great discussions at West Country parties (party = a gathering of people enjoying themselves).

Cheers
Danny

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »

"Enery Black" is an urban myth, they used whatever colo(u)r paint was available.

Regards   Ian.

technically black is not a colour.........debate please!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

rshermanking

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »

what is the meaning of life = death cos thats what happends to all of us.. what a pointless existence.

dose the light in the fridge go off when you close the door= err yes, you see you can test that theory too, there's a button, or push switch that is activated by the closing of the door.. push it with your finger and watch the light go off...

is the moon made of cheese = apparently man has been to the moon on more then one occasion and they brought back rock.. so no.. unless you wish to have some moon rock on toast and find out..

how dose a bee fly = with wings obviously....

what came first the eeg or the chicken = bacteria officially..

the common sense would be after reading all the post on this fred is to realise that this a light hearted discussion with a bit of "xxxxx" take :-) ok2 ;) :-)) :} :D O0 {-) %%

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »

Simply put it is no longer common  O0 O0 O0

omra85

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:27 pm »

Ha - who wants "common sense" - I'd rather have "uncommon sense" (to go with my uncommon good looks)  :P

Cheers
Danny
 %% %%

nhp651

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:48 pm »

Obviously, you would have to verbally inform onlookers that the feat had occurred, otherwise they would wonder why you hadn't painted it white!!

come on danny...there wouldn't be any onlookers at night, they'd all be in the pub getting bladdered or asleep, so it don't matter what colour he paints it..........try a multi colour mixmatch..to blend in with Aurora Borealis.........then it would be totally camoflaged against any aspect you might find, unless you were bladdered yourself bat44....then you'd see two boats for the price of one, {-) {-) {-) %% %% %% %% %%

bat44

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 01:09:26 am »

hi roadrunner who has the most commean seance the person who started this fred or the one who keeps reading it and replying to it.  :-) :-) %% %% %% :D :D :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :} :} :}
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.